Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #11
lilysmom2011
Registered Users
seller

Check out my etsy store: lilysdreams. I make upcycled wool soakers in all sizes. Some are 2 layers thick!

Advertisement

lilysmom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #12
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Talk to me about wool

If you don't have wool allergies, upcycled is a great way to go! I am super sensitive to wool and allergic as well, so I have to be super picky about what I buy. Merino wool is one of the few that I can tolerate without breaking out in a rash.

For brand name covers, you can try Disana, although they are a little bit bulky, or WCW (Wild Coconut Wear), or other wool interlock covers. FSOT is a great place to look for good priced interlock.

And I agree with the warning that it can be VERY addictive! I started with a few wool covers when DS2 was a newbie, and now have tons of wool, and am even learning to knit so I can make him longies. Very addictive indeed !
Old 12-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
disneylindsay
Registered Users
seller

I'm sorry I should have posted the other etsy shop properly, it is Grateful Buns not Bums...hers are not the prettiest but they are really soft on the inside and work really well, for function.

To the previous poster with the upcycled wool shop...I am coming for a look...I am just slightly addicted and if you have double layered ones, I am totally interested!! Thanks for posting
Old 12-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #14
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylindsay
I'm sorry I should have posted the other etsy shop properly, it is Grateful Buns not Bums...hers are not the prettiest but they are really soft on the inside and work really well, for function.

To the previous poster with the upcycled wool shop...I am coming for a look...I am just slightly addicted and if you have double layered ones, I am totally interested!! Thanks for posting
I ordered a soaker from myecobaby. I just couldn't help myself. It has an elephant on the bum how cute and double layer wet zone. Hopefully if this works my LO is on her way to a rash free bum. Now I have to sell half my stash to buy more wool giggle. Does anyone use just baby shampoo and lanolin?
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #15
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 View Post
I ordered a soaker from myecobaby. I just couldn't help myself. It has an elephant on the bum how cute and double layer wet zone. Hopefully if this works my LO is on her way to a rash free bum. Now I have to sell half my stash to buy more wool giggle. Does anyone use just baby shampoo and lanolin?
So happy you are giving it a try, I really think you're going to love it! Oh and that is exclusively what I use to wash/lanolize and it works great! Let me know if you need specific instructions on how to do it

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #16
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackobeano

So happy you are giving it a try, I really think you're going to love it! Oh and that is exclusively what I use to wash/lanolize and it works great! Let me know if you need specific instructions on how to do it
Yeah specific directions would be great. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #17
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 View Post
Yeah specific directions would be great. Thanks.
Okay so if the wool is dirty you will need to wash it first which I do in warm water with just baby shampoo. I usually let it soak and than work on any spots or problem areas with a bit of shampoo and light rubbing or a wool wash bar (forgot I do use these on occasion just for spots etc). Once you are done washing you will want to rinse out the shampoo and than fill up your sink with very warm almost hot water and place the wool item in the water inside out. Than in a small lidded container (baby food jars work great) you will want to put very hot water, a few drops of shampoo, and a dab of lanolin (I usually like to use about 2 pea sized dabs but you can adjust this depending). Shake this up until it is dissolved and than add it to your sink full of water. Than you will want to gently squeeze the water through the wool concentrating on the wet zone. After this just let it soak until the water cools. Leave the wool in the sink as you let the water out and than you are done and are ready to let it dry. I do roll mine in a dry towel before lying flat to dry since this shortens dry time. I think that covered it but let me know if you have any other questions or need clarification on anything

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #18
disneylindsay
Registered Users
seller

I love myecobaby...I almost bought one off of her again today too, after I posted I had to go and check out what she had available, lol...I have had many of hers from newborn to large, and they hold up great and are really good woollies!

I was using just baby wash and lansinoh lanolin, and doing it in my sink..if you youtube lanolizing there is a great tutorial done by a woman in her kitchen.

I recently started to use eucalan and I love how fresh my wool smells after. I still lanoilze with the lansinoh and the baby wash...but I soaked first in the eucalan...I could not believe how well it cleaned the wool.

Btw...Welcome to the addiction...lol did you get the pink elephant one? It was soo adorable I'm still thinking about it! lol
Old 12-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #19
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackobeano

Okay so if the wool is dirty you will need to wash it first which I do in warm water with just baby shampoo. I usually let it soak and than work on any spots or problem areas with a bit of shampoo and light rubbing or a wool wash bar (forgot I do use these on occasion just for spots etc). Once you are done washing you will want to rinse out the shampoo and than fill up your sink with very warm almost hot water and place the wool item in the water inside out. Than in a small lidded container (baby food jars work great) you will want to put very hot water, a few drops of shampoo, and a dab of lanolin (I usually like to use about 2 pea sized dabs but you can adjust this depending). Shake this up until it is dissolved and than add it to your sink full of water. Than you will want to gently squeeze the water through the wool concentrating on the wet zone. After this just let it soak until the water cools. Leave the wool in the sink as you let the water out and than you are done and are ready to let it dry. I do roll mine in a dry towel before lying flat to dry since this shortens dry time. I think that covered it but let me know if you have any other questions or need clarification on anything
Thanks so much. I think I would like to get a wool wash bar too for touch ups.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #20
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylindsay
I love myecobaby...I almost bought one off of her again today too, after I posted I had to go and check out what she had available, lol...I have had many of hers from newborn to large, and they hold up great and are really good woollies!

I was using just baby wash and lansinoh lanolin, and doing it in my sink..if you youtube lanolizing there is a great tutorial done by a woman in her kitchen.

I recently started to use eucalan and I love how fresh my wool smells after. I still lanoilze with the lansinoh and the baby wash...but I soaked first in the eucalan...I could not believe how well it cleaned the wool.

Btw...Welcome to the addiction...lol did you get the pink elephant one? It was soo adorable I'm still thinking about it! lol
Yep the pink elephant! Where do find clothes for your LO that will work with the wool? I'm finding it difficult to locate long sleeve shirts and undershirts. Everything is a onsie.