Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #31
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread ~ Dec 10 - Dec 16

I'm kind of freaked out. I decided not to do the outlet mall, because I don't like it much after dark, and it is cold, so I was thinking about going to Lane Bryant and Motherhood at the mall and then taking my kiddos for Chipotle for dinner, but I decided to stay home and go out later by myself after DH gets home. Turns out, the mall got shot up at around 4 this afternoon by a masked gunman. I had a good cry and now I am just thankful that I decided to stay home.

Slimy- Is your family here all safe?

Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #32
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My heart is hurting for people at the mall. It is a terrible thing to happen at any time, but crowded at Christmas time, just before the holiday, it is even more heart-wrenching. It could have been so much worse. If you pray, please pray for the people who were there and the families of those hurt and killed. <3
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/11/us/ore...html?hpt=hp_t1
Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #33
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
I'm kind of freaked out. I decided not to do the outlet mall, because I don't like it much after dark, and it is cold, so I was thinking about going to Lane Bryant and Motherhood at the mall and then taking my kiddos for Chipotle for dinner, but I decided to stay home and go out later by myself after DH gets home. Turns out, the mall got shot up at around 4 this afternoon by a masked gunman. I had a good cry and now I am just thankful that I decided to stay home.

Slimy- Is your family here all safe?
So glad you didn't venture out. I believe my family is all present and accounted for. My family has been preoccupied caring for my grandpa in the hospital. So they haven't been out shopping. He has now quit eating and the dr said he expects him to pass away before Christmas. He is 95 years old and we know it's his time, but it's still hard to deal with.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #34
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
So glad you didn't venture out. I believe my family is all present and accounted for. My family has been preoccupied caring for my grandpa in the hospital. So they haven't been out shopping. He has now quit eating and the dr said he expects him to pass away before Christmas. He is 95 years old and we know it's his time, but it's still hard to deal with.
I am glad your family is safe and sorry that they are going through this with your grandfather. We went through that last year with my grandma. Prayers for your family <3
Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 AM   #35
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi! My name is Brandy and my husband and I are getting in the Dave Ramsey train! SOOO excited!!!

A little background: My husband makes enough to pay all of our bills (he runs a scrap yard for a friend making great money and then does taxidermy on the side with my dad) I stay home Jan-Sept. with my son and watch kids and clean houses. Oct-Dec I own/run a deer proccessing business. I make my yearly income these 3 months.

Ok, that being said, we make plenty of money. We just havent been smart with it. We are current on all bills, always are. But, I hate have 2 car payments, a house note, 2 student loan payment, and paying full coverage in 2 cars (especially mine, I go to town twice a week and it is 2 miles away). And, we have no savings.

So, I bought Dave's book for dh (and me) for Christmas! We have been talking about and DH is ready!

So, we are selling both of our cars for cheapies, gettung rid of satilite, cutting down cell plans, and cutting our food budget way down (soend way to much on food)

Anyways, it feels so good just to tell someone! I listen to Daves 2 hour show everyday!

If everything goes as plan, we will be debt free (including our house) in 15 months!!!!! Eeekkk!!
Brandy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #36
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Wow Brandy thats AWESOME!!!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #37
frugalmomof2
Registered Users

Excited that you are here Brandy! I totally admire your willingness to change - I think you'll love the benefits~!!
frugalmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #38
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome!

AFM, still haven't finished the budget. I brought it to work with me today hoping to have a few min. of downtime, but it's looking like jumping on here and updating for all of 2 min. may be all I get. I'll have to give it a try on lunch.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #39
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Going to pick up my paycheck today when I go into work. Between my mom's heart attack, and my final last night, I just couldn't go to work these last two days. It's going to put a kink in my bill paying, but it had to be done.

One more final tomorrow night and then I'm done with actual school until february. I'm hoping I can get on the ball with my 31 Gifts sales and parties to bring in some extra income.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #40
new_mommy78
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Grrrr I JUST got a ticket this morning for talking on my cell while driving. Totally my fault, but GRRR I am SO mad at myself!