Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
moteq
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Boy/girl twins - she's ready, he's not

Has anyone been in a similar situation? What was your approach? Train her now? Wait until he's ready too? Try training him now too?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
MaterofJacob
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Boy/girl twins - she's ready, he's not

Just my opinion, but I'd say train her now and then him when he's ready. Doing both at once would seem more difficult to me. And seeing her using the potty might encourage him to, too. We're PLing DS1 now and he's doing great so far but I wouldn't want to have 2 naked toddlers running around :P

Check out my IHA/ISO: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...5#post16697295
MaterofJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
Belle1002
Registered Users

My Mood:
Currently in the same situation. I'm just focusing on DD and giving DS the option to try the potty each time. He usually says no, but he does cheer DD on! He's always been one to follow her lead, so I'm pretty sure he'll be on board soon enough.

Loving life with our very energetic 2 year old b/g twins!
Belle1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my older twins, the girl trained before the boy by a few months. It was no problem to do it separately. With my younger twins (both boys), I'm working on them both together, but I think one is going to get it sooner than the other. I'm not working hard on it, just providing the opportunity when it comes up. One is telling me sometimes and trying (usually unsuccessfully) and the other only tries when the he sees his twin trying. Two peas in a pod they are.

Personally, if I had it my way, I'd prefer to do them together. Sure, training 2 kids is more work than 1, but I'd rather just get it over with and be done with them both at the same time. Of course, if one is ready and the other not, I won't hold back being done with diapers for at least one of them. One less kid in diapers is always good in my house. (Since I had 4 in diapers at once when the second set of twins was born and I had 3 when the first set was born and 3 again now with the youngest being 8 wks.) Anyway, I feel this way about everything. I prefer to just do it with both at the same time and be done with it altogether rather than dragging anything out.

Good luck!!

Oh, you may find that twin number two follows quickly after with the example of the other.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #5
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I tried to train my DDs at the same time. It did not work so, as we strive to in most other aspects of their being, we treated them as individuals
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
dkottas
Registered Users
seller

I have G/G twins and one is potty trained and the other has no interest at all. The diaper wearer could care less about the treats and praise the other gets. I say work with the one who seems ready and the other will come along in her own time.
dkottas is offline   Reply With Quote