Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
irishdancemomma
Registered Users

I don't know how old your kids are but I just bought some hylands tiny cold tablets and gave them to my one year old. He had the first four doses (taken 15 mins apart as the package said) and is already feeling better. I honestly didn't think they would work so this is awesome!

Advertisement

irishdancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
erlyjo
User requested temporary ban
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancemomma
I don't know how old your kids are but I just bought some hylands tiny cold tablets and gave them to my one year old. He had the first four doses (taken 15 mins apart as the package said) and is already feeling better. I honestly didn't think they would work so this is awesome!
What's the age limit for them? My sickies are 10, 7, and 2.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #13
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need kid friendly homeopathic remedies

If they can stand it, eating raw garlic. If not, you can heat it and mash it with olive oil and rub it on their feet. Other than that, vit c, and elderberry, I'd try some colloidal silver.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #14
erlyjo
User requested temporary ban
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey
If they can stand it, eating raw garlic. If not, you can heat it and mash it with olive oil and rub it on their feet. Other than that, vit c, and elderberry, I'd try some colloidal silver.
Lol! I'm not sure I could stand their breath from eating raw garlic! I could try it on their feet. Do you know if you can do this in conjunction with the wet sock treatment?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #15
irishdancemomma
Registered Users

I know you can use it as young as 6 months, and i assume it would work for adults as well. I'll check when I get home.
irishdancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #16
nalazimbala
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need kid friendly homeopathic remedies

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlyjo View Post
What's the age limit for them? My sickies are 10, 7, and 2.
We've used Hyland's Sniffles and Sneezes and it's ok for 2 year olds. From my experience, it does help them feel a little better while they are taking it, but it doesn't actually get them over it any quicker.

I've tried lots of natural remedies for both our kids because they are prone to colds and while they very young, it was really hard for them to get over a cold. The only thing I ever tried that I felt actually shortened the cold was the Sambucol tablets. We also use elderberry syrup, but it isn't as effective (in my experience). Last February we were getting ready to go out of the country and were going to be travelling for 24 hours straight. Of course both kids came down with colds the week before we left. I started them on the Sambucol tablets and they were over their colds in about 3 days....this was huge considering it usually would take them at least 2 weeks.

The Sambucol is expensive, but if you really need to get better fast, I think they are worth it.