Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #81
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira
I just went ahead and weighed myself... I lost 5 pounds since last Tuesday.
That's amazing!!! I'm glad somebody's losing. I'm stuck. What are you doing to lose weight?

Advertisement

MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #82
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mama's December Support Thread

The goodies that come only this time of year is why I don't try to lose right now. I figure if I keep my exercise routine going and eat as healthy as possible while still enjoying the goodies, I won't gain and that's good enough for me until January. I say this as I am eating a Little Debbie Christmas tree cake. lol I don't know what's so great aboit those things, but I love them. We are down to a few bags of pfeffernuse, so the Christmas cookies won't be tempting me much longer and I am not buying anymore tree cakes. We've had 2 boxes, which is enough. Conveniently enough, our family has 5 people and each box has 5 cakes. Anyway, I'm starting to ramble. I didn't work out this morning, but will tomorrow for sure. I am planning on doing the full workout again, nut perhaps a nit faster than last time.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #83
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

I'm really slacking this month!!! I've been working out and maintaining. I'm holding out at 167ish. I want to be at 162 by NYE, but that's not gonna happen. I'm afraid I'm getting too comfortable w where I'm at and I'm not ok w that... I'm gonna have to kick it into high gear again!

It was really nice to go to the Dr the other day and instead of hearing her tell me I need to lose weight, she praised me for how much weight I've lost

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 12-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #84
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmommyx2 View Post
I'm really slacking this month!!! I've been working out and maintaining. I'm holding out at 167ish. I want to be at 162 by NYE, but that's not gonna happen. I'm afraid I'm getting too comfortable w where I'm at and I'm not ok w that... I'm gonna have to kick it into high gear again!

It was really nice to go to the Dr the other day and instead of hearing her tell me I need to lose weight, she praised me for how much weight I've lost

That is fantastic! <3
Old 12-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #85
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Such a good feeling at the DR huh! When I went to my first appointment with my new RE he seemed a little suprised when he met me. He finally told me why, apperently I had left off my weight on my intake paperwork. He said usually when women do that it's because they are Morbidly Obese and he said, You are thin and healthy so at least we aren't fighting that battle too. All I could think was buddy, you have no clue what I looked like just 1 year ago! Unfortunately now, I'm still stalled and up another lb today. I really need to do better and lay OFF THE CHRISTMAS goodies!
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #86
mamamujer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi everyone. I've remained at 175 since thanksgiving. I've been running less but doing more at home workouts. I have been running still but just not as consistent. I don't know what happened. I've just been wiped out at night ;( I'm still very proud of myself though with the 55
Lbs gone. Whenever I see someone they're always shocked at my appearance which is very reassuring.
If you have an iPhone (maybe android as well) look up the yumpower app. It's for eating out, you can order low calorie meals, etc. it's made it easier when I meet my friends for lunch or have a family outing to stay focused.
mamamujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #87
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 View Post
That's amazing!!! I'm glad somebody's losing. I'm stuck. What are you doing to lose weight?
Well remember its my first week and I started at 223, soi have a lot to lose. I'm sure after a few weeks I will struggle too. My guess is I will get stuck around 195-200.

Anyways, this past week all I did was quit eating all grains, including corn and rice. It resulted in eating less, eating many more veggies, and lower appetite. I added exercise last night, and plan do do the 30 day shred for my exercise. I don't have running shoes and live rural so it's the best I can do for now. It's a start!
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #88
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sometimes I wish I had an Iphone just so I could do stuff like that on it while I"m out and about. Instead I try to plan ahead and look up what I can eat.
I have my day mostly planned out, dinner is thawing in the fridge so here's to hoping I can stick to it. Now I just REALLY need to start chugging water!
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #89
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

Yeah, having those apps on the phone are fantastic and I use them daily. I seriously wouldn't have come this far if I didn't have them to help me.

Today's been a hectic day so far and we'll be gone from 2:15-6:30, so dinner will be Wendy's tonight. I usually make something in the crockpot on late nights like this, but I'm nervous to leave it on that long without anyone being here.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #90
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

one thing i didnt do after i had DD1 was take a before pic, so i decided to take one now. its not pretty but i know i will drop all the weight by summer so i wont let it bother me. here i am a size 20 (up from size 10 pre pregnancy)

Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote