Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #21
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Re: Talk to me about wool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 View Post
Yep the pink elephant! Where do find clothes for your LO that will work with the wool? I'm finding it difficult to locate long sleeve shirts and undershirts. Everything is a onsie.
In smaller sizes it is more difficult but you can always just hem some onesies if you or anyone you know has a sewing machine

Advertisement

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #22
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackobeano

In smaller sizes it is more difficult but you can always just hem some onesies if you or anyone you know has a sewing machine
My mother has a sewing machine. I hardly know how to use it but after I fight with the bobbins I guess I could just hem the onsies; especially the used ones. Maybe I'm weird but my kids wear undershirts everyday other than super hit days in the summer. We live in western ny and the weather is crappy in my opinion so I like them to be warm. I think it will be so much easier when she's in 12 month and up sizes because there's so many separates available.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #23
Yarnjess
Registered Users
seller

I found 6-12 month shirts at a baby consignment store here. The pricier brands seem to make them. I will also put her in a onesie and just not snap it, so it's basically a long, uneven shirt. I thought about cutting them, but i figured why bother? Since onesies ar jersey knit you could also just cut the bottom off and let the hem roll a bit. It won't fray. We also use the infant gowns with the elastic hem. We have a couple Gerber ones. She's nearly outgrown those now, though. Hope that gives you a few ideas.
Yarnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #24
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrok View Post
My first wool was a loveybums wrap, jersey wool. It would be easy to use over flats. Sewcraftybaby.com has them on sale still I think. Otherwise I do love my kissaluv soaker.
Does the wrap have cam snaps? I ordered a wrap from another shop on esty but the snaps were too hard for me to manipulate so I had to return it. I think the kissaluvs looks so cute. If the etsy woolie works out I want to get one after I sell of my pul covers.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #25
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarnjess View Post
I found 6-12 month shirts at a baby consignment store here. The pricier brands seem to make them. I will also put her in a onesie and just not snap it, so it's basically a long, uneven shirt. I thought about cutting them, but i figured why bother? Since onesies ar jersey knit you could also just cut the bottom off and let the hem roll a bit. It won't fray. We also use the infant gowns with the elastic hem. We have a couple Gerber ones. She's nearly outgrown those now, though. Hope that gives you a few ideas.
Thats a great idea anout just not snapping the onsies. I ordered some snap extenderes from gerber on black friday but they messed up my order and didn't send them I'm going to begoing to Once Upon a Child soon because Im in the process of sorting out the kids clothes. I've only been there once before because its so far from my house but maybe I'll have good like you and find some tops. I really would like some long sleeve dresses or tunics that she could wear with baby legs. I think it would be so cute. I also already have a bunch of those sleep gowns with the elastic on the bottom so I guess she could wear those when were homw which is most of the time anyway. Do you ever put your little one in a sleeper thats a size up? I was thinking that might work and I just bought 4- 6 month sleepers for her and I know family is buying more for Christmas.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:08 AM   #26
disneylindsay
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Thats a great idea anout just not snapping the onsies. I ordered some snap extenderes from gerber on black friday but they messed up my order and didn't send them I'm going to begoing to Once Upon a Child soon because Im in the process of sorting out the kids clothes. I've only been there once before because its so far from my house but maybe I'll have good like you and find some tops. I really would like some long sleeve dresses or tunics that she could wear with baby legs. I think it would be so cute. I also already have a bunch of those sleep gowns with the elastic on the bottom so I guess she could wear those when were homw which is most of the time anyway. Do you ever put your little one in a sleeper thats a size up? I was thinking that might work and I just bought 4- 6 month sleepers for her and I know family is buying more for Christmas.
For nighttime, I put my little ones in sleepers over their wool all the time and we never have an issue. During the day since I change often, I put the onesies on over the wool also...I don't get compression leaks or damp onesies, since I make sure they are lanolized well, and I change long before the wool is completely saturated.
On days where we are not going out of the house and I make sure the house is warm enough I have long sleeved and short sleeved tshirts that they wear with their woollies, and sometimes socks, but my kids are kind of anti -sock in the house and they always seem to be off shortly after they are put on! lol

That Pink Elephant one was SOOOO adorable!! You will love your woollies...she ships pretty quickly so I am sure you will receive them soon! Keep us posted!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #27
ktgrok
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Does the wrap have cam snaps? I ordered a wrap from another shop on esty but the snaps were too hard for me to manipulate so I had to return it. I think the kissaluvs looks so cute. If the etsy woolie works out I want to get one after I sell of my pul covers.
I admit I don't know what cam snaps are....but I have some arthritis in my hands and I have no problem doing and undoing these. The kissaluvs I like better though.
ktgrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #28
Yarnjess
Registered Users
seller

We use longies most of the time rather than soakers, so I don't put her in sleepers, but you could with the soakers. My daughter is pretty long (tall?) for her age, so I get more wear out of shirts than I do out of sleepers. And I like that I don't have to have a cover and another piece of clothing - her pants are the cover. It makes diaper changing so easy. Another idea for you while you're building your wool stash - try going cover less at home for a bit. That way you're not putting the PUL on her and exposing her to more allergens than necessary. We started having rash problems so I switched to wool full time, changed detergents and wash routine, and seem to be doing much better.
Yarnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #29
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Impatiently awaiting the arrival of my wool!!! Notice I say my. Is it for or LO lol.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #30
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Okay myecobaby covers have arrived. Do they need to be prepped before first use? I can't wait to get them on her little bum.