Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
threekstrio
Registered Users
seller

Is there an online movie/show site that has a plan with just a few shows a month?

Did that make sense?
I'm wanting to find an online site (like hulu, netflix, etc.) that lets you pay a set fee and you get to watch only a certain number of shows/movies each month.

I realize I'm totally behind the times on this subject but we haven't had cable or any television for about 10 years.

thanks for your input.

Advertisement

threekstrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Is there an online movie/show site that has a plan with just a few shows a month?

I don't think you can generally control the amount streamed, but you can put parental controls on which shows can be streamed (I believe this is the case on both netflix and hulu, but I could be completely wrong). If you want to just pay for individual screenings, you could do so on amazon. But their selection is awfully small, and I don't know that you'd find it cost effective.

PBS has some of their shows streaming online during the month that they air (for free!). I'm not sure how extensive this is, but I've watched a couple of British series that way. Also select sitcoms stream for free on hulu during the month in which they aired. But if you want to keep your kids away from all of the other sitcoms they could watch for free that you do not wish them to (I don't think there are parental controls on their free service, and I only have their free service), then you may not want them to know about that site!
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Is there an online movie/show site that has a plan with just a few shows a month?

One option that *would* limit the amount you view is if you signed up for DVD only Netflix. This is a smaller selection than their streaming service. But since you would have no access to their streaming and could only watch a DVD when it came in the mail, send it back, and then watch another, it limits how many you can watch.

Last edited by debcita429; 12-06-2012 at 04:13 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
threekstrio
Registered Users
seller

ok. thanks. maybe I'll have to start doing some searching around about this
Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

You could pay for each view, but after 4 or so shows, netflix or hulu would be cheaper. I think we pay like $8.75 a month for unlimited streaming, where as an individual episode of something is like $1.99 on Amazon.

Are you wanting to limit what the kids watch? I think they have parental controls. Or on the wii (maybe ps3 as well, I don't remember) you can choose regular netflix or "just for kids." And if you don't tell the kids the password, you can just log out to be sure they don't over do it
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #6
threekstrio
Registered Users
seller

PPV might be what I need to do. I think I'll wait until next year (Jan/Feb) timeframe and see what comes up.