Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #11
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yeah, I would try locally.

Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 06:13 AM   #12
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What to price at and where to sell a baby bjorn carrier

I wuold go for locally or Ebay. Is is new in the box? Can you try and return it? Even if you had to take the lowest sale price you would get more than trying to sell it.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #13
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetDD View Post
$169 isn't it to expensive?... you could have been so disappointed. However, have you check this site if there are selling a carrier? if not you might try thebabywearer dot com,. I think you will find some trades and selling option there. Please don't sell your carrier for $30 that will be a total lost of $139...such a waste. Hope this helps!
The problem with this logic is that no one cares what something cost you. They'll only pay what it's worth to them. It would suck to be out $139 on a brand new item, but that's the nature of B/S/T forums.

OP - I would definitely try to sell locally or on eBay. Bjorns and other similar carriers do not sell well on here, and especially not on TBW.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #14
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

really sorry... they got a bad rap (I'm guessing from other companies since they had the market cornered 5-6 years ago) and marketing is having a hard time coming back from it. Its a good carrier, but not many in the US believe it.

Try local.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:02 AM   #15
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by c&w's mama
really sorry... they got a bad rap (I'm guessing from other companies since they had the market cornered 5-6 years ago) and marketing is having a hard time coming back from it. Its a good carrier, but not many in the US believe it.

Try local.
People stay away from it because of it being a crotch dangler mainly, and crappy weight distribution (comfort).

I bought mine for $30, sold for $40. I would try locally unless you want a more than 50% loss.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #16
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
People stay away from it because of it being a crotch dangler mainly, and crappy weight distribution (comfort).

I bought mine for $30, sold for $40. I would try locally unless you want a more than 50% loss.

don't worry, don't think anyone will try to sell you one

OP, you'll be able to find someone. It will just take longer than it did 5 years ago. I don't mind mine (guess I'm just strong because I find it comfy and both kids slept in it) and don't plan on passing it on until I know I won't have more. I did make sure I talked to drs after all the talk came out. There are still a couple people out there that are ok with them. You won't get 100 for it, though. Good luck!!

edit: definitely look for people who want to have their baby with them (hands free) but aren't comfortable using slings- or don't want an awkward insert. I got a ton of brand new various slings past on to me by every new mom I know IRL-- no one wanted the learning curve/ didn't feel secure/ just something. Great for me, but I was disappointed for them.

Last edited by c&w's mama; 12-12-2012 at 11:29 PM.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #17
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by c&w's mama

don't worry, don't think anyone will try to sell you one

OP, you'll be able to find someone. It will just take longer than it did 5 years ago. I don't mind mine (guess I'm just strong because I find it comfy and both kids slept in it) and don't plan on passing it on until I know I won't have more. I did make sure I talked to drs after all the talk came out. There are still a couple people out there that are ok with them. You won't get 100 for it, though. Good luck!!

edit: definitely look for people who want to have their baby with them (hands free) but aren't comfortable using slings- or don't want an awkward insert. I got a ton of brand new various slings past on to me by every new mom I know IRL-- no one wanted the learning curve/ didn't feel secure/ just something. Great for me, but I was disappointed for them.
I was elaborating on the reasons. Those are the main two. Thanks for the snark and justification though, defensiveness is fab

Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote