Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:
Re: smaller babies in convertibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belbaby3728 View Post
Hubs says yes, will double check

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #12
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I always go right to a conv. seat. I agree with the pp who mentioned the recline angle. It should be 45 degrees the samw as the bucket. On carseat.org there are pics or how to check your angle with folded paper perhaps a tech will pop on and link to it.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #13
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

Just to double-check - you need to use the "rear facing boot" when using the Radian rearfacing. It is a plastic/metal piece that fits on to the foot end of the car seat in order to make the angle more reclined. I assume that you are using it already, but best to be sure!

The radian can be reclined as far as 45* from vertical when rear facing. If the angle in your car is naturally more upright than that (while using the rear facing boot), you can use the top tether (which is approved for use when rear facing, unusual for convertible seats, but okay with Radians) to pull the seat to a more reclined angle. (Note for readers with Britax convertibles: Britax also allows top tethering when rear facing, however they do NOT allow you to adjust the recline angle using the top tether.)
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #14
moms5angels
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
Just to double-check - you need to use the "rear facing boot" when using the Radian rearfacing. It is a plastic/metal piece that fits on to the foot end of the car seat in order to make the angle more reclined. I assume that you are using it already, but best to be sure!

The radian can be reclined as far as 45* from vertical when rear facing. If the angle in your car is naturally more upright than that (while using the rear facing boot), you can use the top tether (which is approved for use when rear facing, unusual for convertible seats, but okay with Radians) to pull the seat to a more reclined angle. (Note for readers with Britax convertibles: Britax also allows top tethering when rear facing, however they do NOT allow you to adjust the recline angle using the top tether.)
oh yha! i forgot about the top tethering adjustment when rf in a radian. op if u do decided to do that plz read the carseat manuall 1st since they only allow u to attach it a permanent part of the vehicle & it has to b done a certain way. i forgot exactly what is/isnt allowed & i never had to use it rfing. sorry im no help there.

Last edited by moms5angels; 12-08-2012 at 03:00 PM.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #15
Belbaby3728
Banned

Added a picture. And no the carseat is not lopsided, just my phone when taking picture. We took the headrest out so her head isn't flopping forward now, just off to side on her shoulder.
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
moms5angels
Registered Users

My Mood:

im not a cpst but that looks ok to me. as long as her head isnt flopping foward. she should be ok. my kids do the same when they fall asleep. if i am wrong a cpst plz correct me since i dont want to b off on this.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #17
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The problem with baby's head flopping forward (so her chin is on her chest) is that it can compromise the airway. An infant who has good head control (can hold their head up, sit alone, etc) would be able to move/adjust their head position on their own.

From that pic, there's nothing at all wrong with the angle of the seat or anything. If she's not complaining about it (ie. she is asleep, so not complaining) and not moving her head to get comfortable, just let her be.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #18
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Looks fine to me. My daughter is way worse in her TrueFit...it is super wide!
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote