Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #61
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you think the movie Shrek is appropriate for a 4 year old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy View Post
She was talking about the ugly stepsister in shreck 2. Ive always thought that part was inappropriate in a kids movie but the rating system has changed a ton since the 80's
The one who brought up the ugly step sister was a different poster from the one who first mentioned the transvestite princess.

Advertisement

misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #62
Jedimomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The ugly step sister was the transvestite princess. Same character. I'm not so sure she was just a man-like woman, though. I think "she" actually was a transvestite. Thats jmo though, they never actually address it. Lol

I love TRADES!
Jedimomma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #63
Ariomi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you think the movie Shrek is appropriate for a 4 year old?

My dd1 who just turned 4 last month is one of those kids that notices EVERYTHING especially in movies and shows. Needless to say its no fun to watch a movie with her that she hasn't seen and have to explain it all. . .

I am strict with movies and shows. I let her watch Shrek once just to try it out and it was O.K. just because I was there to explain things so she could understand (or make things seem different then what they were) but I was not really happy throughout the whole movie. Its definitely not appropriate for a 4yo as I see it and I wouldn't have let her watch it alone. We put the movie up until she is older.

I agree what is up with Disney/Pixar movies and the word "idiot"???? Toy Story says it so many times its so not neccessary. There was a short while where dd1 was really really liking toy story so I let her watch the first 2(I won't let her watch the 3rd). What I do with situations like that is correct the character when they say something mean. Like when Woody says "What an idiot" we go "gasp! Um! He owes Buzz a quarter! hehe" Or "gasp! That wasn't very nice of Woody to say huh!" and she'll agree

I wouldn't be super upset about them putting on Shrek that once but certainly let them know and send a list of movies that you approve of.
Ariomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #64
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: danner
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy

I think toy story has the same type of adult innuendos as shrek.

To the OP just let them know to keep it G in the future or email then a list.
I actually don't mind innuendos as much as brash rudeness, ie. stupid, idiot, etc. I know there was a touch of that it TS, but iirc Shrek has much more.