Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
jazzpurr88
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
TMI Pinworms?

DS has pinworms and got the chewable pill from Doc yesterday. He said I should call OB and tell him and that I should be treated also since we co sleep and I wipe DS's butt and wash his clothes and such. So called OB they said call my GP he has a book that will tell him what is safe to give me during PG. Well I havn't seen my GP for 2 or 3 years. I've only gone in when realy sick, I have an endocronologist who I see every 6 months for my thyroid and OB for the girly stuff so I just don't get the routine physical since I see the other two so often. Anyway call GP he is on vacation and doc covering isn't comfortable treating me since I am PG and siad OB should do it. Called OB back and left a message telling them this. In the meantime... I'm convinced that the itching I have down there is not from being hot, sweaty, constapated, 30 week pregnant woman with minor hemroids (never had them before so what do I know) Is there any natural or Over the counter way to treat Pinworms? I would prefer a natural remedy that won't pass to baby of course. I think DH needs to be treated also. He always has butt and poop issues so I wouldn't hurt to give him a good cleaning out.

Anyone with any ideas? I'm desperate, I don't think OB is gonna treat me for them. He is alway saying see your GP for everything of it is not PG related. WHich pisses me off cause that is just one more appointment and one more bill I have to pay and he could just say yep sounds like pinworms let me call in a script. I just saw him on Monday too. He wouldn't even look at my throat when I thought I had strep and was in his office. I ended up going to Urgent care to get a culture cause it was Friday and GP's office closes at 12 on Fridays. And it was strep and Urgent care was calling his office to find out if some antibiotic was safe for being 16 weeks PG. The book said 3 tri was OK but nothing about before. Ended up being ok. GRRRRR I hate docs! Why oh why does do we only have one midwife? and why does she have to be booked solid the month of Sept and Oct?

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2007, 08:03 PM   #2
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:
Re: TMI Pinworms?

Here is what I found on Pinworms during pregnancy.. Check it out..

http://www.naturalchildbirth.org/nat...prebirth26.htm
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:06 PM   #3
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:

From a mom on mothering.com

Here's what Smart Medicine For A Healthier Child says:
Mebendazole (Vermox) and albendazole are the drugs most frequently prescribed drugs for pinworms. They prevent the worms from getting the sugar and nutrients they need to live. Usually a single dose is given, but another dose may be given after three weeeks if there are any signs of recurrence. Both drugs are usually well tolerated, with minimal side effects.
Eliminate refined carbs and sugar from the diet. A high-fiber diet of grains and raw veggies, espescially greens, is useful in both prevention and treatment.
Acidophilus/bifidus supplements will help to restore the healthy flora in intestines that have been disrupted by the presence of pinworms.
Black walnut tincture can be helpful in clearing pinworm infestations. this is a strong botanical, however, and not suitable for infants or small children. For a child age twelve and older, give three drops, three times daily, for no more than seven days.
Garlic is a natural antiparasitic. Give your child one to two caps., twice daily, for two weeks. If your child is over one year old, you can give him one fresh clove mashed in honey.
Wormwood has antiparasitic properties that will help to clear a case of pinworms. give your child one dose, twice daily, for up to one week.
Grapefruit seed extract is a strong antiparasitic. A highly concentrated form, such as Citracidal, Nutrabiotic, or Paramicrocidin, is preferred. For three to seven days, two to three times a day, dilute 5 to 10 drops in a glass of water or juice and have your child drink it. The flavor is bitter, and you child may need a lot of encouragement to take it.
Homeopathy- cina is often very effective for children with pinworms. Give your child cina 12x or 6c three times daily, for up to four days. If cina is not effective, the guidance of a homeopathic physician may be helpful in finding a constitutional remedy. It is often neccessary to address the entire body when fighting a pinworm infestation.
Discourage scratching. Calendula ointment and witch hazel may be helpful. If itching is intolerable, a low-potency over-the-counter cortisone cream, such as Lanacort, may help.
Cut your child's fingernails very short and make sure he washes his hands and scrubs under the fingernails with a nail brush, espescially after going to the bathroom and before eating.

Note:some of this has been paraphrased.
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
jazzpurr88
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks I post the Question on MDC and didn't et much of a response. But I havn't check in a few minutes.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:24 PM   #5
jazzpurr88
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS got them from McDonalds Playland last week. The two kids he went with have them also. Those things are so gross I hate them they should be illegal or something.