Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
mikerenea55
Registered Users
seller

USPS Gave me a wrong DC...

Anyone else had this happen? The guy was being trained along with two others, and one experienced person was standing behind them helping them all. I asked for DC. It took him half an hour (for real!) to figure it out. Because it took him so long and he was obviously lost I asked to see the package before he put it in the outgoing mail. The address was correct, and the DC matched the DC he gave me. I came home waited a few hours, checked the DC and it says the item was Delivered on Oct. 19th in Virginia, which is obviously not where it was going. However the expected Delivery was Dec. 19th.

I called the post office I bought it at, and they forwarded me to the 1-800 number for customer service. The lady I talked to said that it wouldn't make a difference in the delivery of the item, and it could be updated as soon as they scan it at another PO, but she wasn't sure. She is having someone look into it more, and they will get back to me by the end of the day on Monday.

Has this happened to anyone? It just frustrates me because it is so close to Christmas, and I want to know my package is okay! If I was on the recieving end I'd be flipping out, I feel awful =/

Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: USPS Gave me a wrong DC...

i think they re use DC numbers, could that be it? maybe the last time they used it, thats when it was delivered, and once it gets scanned somewhere else it will update the new correct info
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
mikerenea55
Registered Users
seller

I hope so =/
Old 12-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

i hope so too mama! if you say the DC on the package matched the one on your receipt then im sure it will update properly for you soon. Id be worried and frustrated in your position though
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've not had that happen, but I've had several times the postal carrier picking up my package hit "Delivered" instead of "Accepted", so tracking never updated and instead said it was delivered in my town that day. I didn't know what was happening until one carrier took the time to show me how easy it was to select the wrong thing on their scanner.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
BubBubsMom
Registered Users
Formerly: TaReeses
seller
seller

This happened to me too but I was the receiver. And then it was delivered to me a couple days later
BubBubsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

This happened to me with a package bought at target.com. I was having it shipped to a mama friend and we were both confused. The package made it to her fine.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Mine says dispatched to sort facility to where I am on day I sent it and that was dec. 3. What should I do?