Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #11
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia
Did they give you a percentile? I'm having to go twice weekly for ultraounds because one of the twins was only 3lbs5oz at 31w5d. Her brother was measuring 4lbs even. Because she was only in the 7th% they've decided to watch her more closely. Not sure if it's only because it's a twin pregnancy, though.
No, he didn't..other than saying if it dropped below the 10th percentile, then he would be more concerned. I go this coming Tuesday for NST so I'll find out when the next US is then....

Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #12
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have malabsorption issues so baby was measuring small my high risk OB said they don't start panicking until they are under the 10th percentile. I was panicky cause baby dropped 18 percentile points. They weren't yet.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #13
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: fetus weight gain....help!

Ultrasound can be so unreliable, and some studies have indicated that it might contribute to growth restriction, which is really ironic. My point is, try not to worry about it. Eat what you can and choose nourishing foods, and your baby will almost certainly be the right size for you. Research also shows that extra monitoring or induction early for suspected IUGR doesn't improve outcomes in general, so it's something to research and think about if they start to get more concerned.
Personally if I was in that situation I would probably stop getting ultrasounds and focus on have as low-stress, nourishing pregnancy as possible.

I'm adding this article which I read today and found interesting
http://chriskresser.com/natural-chil...e-in-pregnancy
http://chriskresser.com/natural-chil...mmonly-thought

Last edited by songbird516; 12-14-2012 at 08:37 PM.
songbird516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #14
ThreeLittleLovies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: fetus weight gain....help!

My little girl was measuring small and her growth slowed down around 31 weeks. It freaked me out. They started checking her via ultrasound weekly. She was estimated at like 4.10 pounds at 37 weeks and I ened up going into labor the very day that got that measurement. She ended up being 5 pounds 14 ounces!
ThreeLittleLovies is offline   Reply With Quote