Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #81
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads
I hit my goal for covering the difference of the cost of replacing my roof (between what the insurance company gave us for half and what we need to pay). I am super thankful, but also a bit exhausted Now I need to focus on paying a few more bills this month. Just trying to get over that tired peak from the huge push from the roof.
Great job!!!

Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 12:42 AM   #82
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread ~ Dec 10 - Dec 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
Does your ebay profit account for taxes already? I am always shocked when it comes to taxes at what my profit really ends up as (much lower). I'd make sure you have enough set aside in case you owe on taxes, too.
From my calculations (obviously not complete 100% bc the year is not over) I will not be owing in taxes, but my refund will be reduced this year. I typically do my taxes myself but am going to have someone else do them this year, b/c its my first year with the ebay business and don't want to mess it up JIC. But I found a great online tool that helped me figure it out, but I still am not comfortable filing myself this year.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #83
KrisM
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
From my calculations (obviously not complete 100% bc the year is not over) I will not be owing in taxes, but my refund will be reduced this year. I typically do my taxes myself but am going to have someone else do them this year, b/c its my first year with the ebay business and don't want to mess it up JIC. But I found a great online tool that helped me figure it out, but I still am not comfortable filing myself this year.
It's good you're prepared! We don't get a refund, so the first year I sold, we would have owed. We ended up adjusting it from DH's check, because that was easy enough to do. And, paying taxes isn't bad as it means you made a profit .

Earn gift cards or paypal at Swagbucks! Click Here to join the fun!
KrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #84
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ack! I need to be better prepared for this time of year. I usually have Christmas done early, so that I don't get caught up in the holiday sales hype, but this year I've been so bad about buying non-Christmas things because they are deeply discounted

Case in point, I bought a waffle maker on clearance. I've wanted one for a while, and almost bought one on Black Friday, but controlled myself. I got it for $5 which is amazing, and I will definitely be using it regularly, so it's not a useless purchase, but I still feel bad.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #85
DoulainAK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi ladies, I haven't checked in for a while because we fell off the thrifty wagon for a bit and ran up some cc debt on frivolous stuff, but I am back on the wagon and making progress. I instituted handmade Xmas because I have a lot of craft stuff so I wouldn't have to spend money. That's going really well! We also received an amazing gift. My landlord always brings us a basket of oranges and cookies for Christmas, this year in the card was our entire rent back, in cash!!! That's $1350!!!! And then if that wasn't cool enough my hubby says, lets put it all on CC's!! So we just did that!!! That covered about half of our entire cc debt plus I had our snowball of about $900, so next month all our credit debt will be paid plus we are using our tax return to pay off my car then we will be debt free! Oh and my hubby agreed to close 2 of the credit cards!!! I am so freaking excited I can't stand it. God is so so good!
DoulainAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #86
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulainAK View Post
Hi ladies, I haven't checked in for a while because we fell off the thrifty wagon for a bit and ran up some cc debt on frivolous stuff, but I am back on the wagon and making progress. I instituted handmade Xmas because I have a lot of craft stuff so I wouldn't have to spend money. That's going really well! We also received an amazing gift. My landlord always brings us a basket of oranges and cookies for Christmas, this year in the card was our entire rent back, in cash!!! That's $1350!!!! And then if that wasn't cool enough my hubby says, lets put it all on CC's!! So we just did that!!! That covered about half of our entire cc debt plus I had our snowball of about $900, so next month all our credit debt will be paid plus we are using our tax return to pay off my car then we will be debt free! Oh and my hubby agreed to close 2 of the credit cards!!! I am so freaking excited I can't stand it. God is so so good!
Holy sheep! That's amazing!
Old 12-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #87
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

So much for our new babe preventing spending. We almost never eat fast food, but after church today we went to Wendy's and spent almost $30. Kind of regret getting four kids meals instead of a couple bigger things of chicken nuggets and fries for them to share, but oh well. I can count the number of times we have bought them kids meals, and the oldest is eight, so I guess it could be worse.

Yesterday I sold a super yard we were done with, so I'm about halfway to my goal for what I wanted to make this month. The month doesn't end until Jan 10 for us (we go by first payday for stuff like this since that is when we will have more money to spend), so I should be able to make the rest. Maybe the babe will outgrow the nb dipes and it will be even easier. She was 9.2 at birth and too big for nb clothes, so probably won't be too long.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #88
frugalmomof2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulainAK View Post
My landlord always brings us a basket of oranges and cookies for Christmas, this year in the card was our entire rent back, in cash!!! That's $1350!!!! And then if that wasn't cool enough my hubby says, lets put it all on CC's!! So we just did that!!! That covered about half of our entire cc debt plus I had our snowball of about $900, so next month all our credit debt will be paid plus we are using our tax return to pay off my car then we will be debt free! Oh and my hubby agreed to close 2 of the credit cards!!! I am so freaking excited I can't stand it. God is so so good!
Such a generous landlord! Congrats on the credit card being paid off!!
frugalmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #89
frugalmomof2
Registered Users

Had a great budget meeting last night. and we started our savings account! We will have $1,000 to complete our emergency fund by the end of Feb 2013.

I am going to review DH's health insurance at work to see if he can get term life through them and at what rate. Our goal is to have our life insurance figured out by the end of February as well.

This week we are drafting our living wills.

So, doing well on the first baby step(s) here!
frugalmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #90
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulainAK
Wow!! That is amazing!!!