Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #521
desibob
Registered Users
seller

Wow! Lots of different ideas. Love it! For my dh and I, the prefolds never worked. Our little guy was squirmy and would cry his little heart out at each diaper change. Putting the PFs along with the Snappi and cover was a total nightmare. It was just too stressful, especially at night. So, next time around, no PFs. We use AIOs and pockets now. Oh, and my baby hates the sound of Velcro! I'd switch to snaps only. Lastly, I didn't know you had to point the baby's penis down when putting on a diaper. I was having so many leaks and didn't know why!

Advertisement

Mommy to one adorable ds (10/12) and wife to wonderful husband (3 years and counting)!
desibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #522
parterasd
Registered Users

Re: What do you wish you knew then? CDing a newborn *update post #269*

Velcro and snaps are SO noisy at night. I hated changes for that reason, the baby would get so startled every time. I was using snappis and prefolds so no noise there but the covers were noisy. Knowing what I know now I'd use only pull on covers- wool and maybe a few nylon or peva vinyl.
parterasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:19 AM   #523
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i wish i would have known my nb was going to be too big for nb and my toddler would potty train befor size large. i wish i has just bought all kawaii one size
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #524
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

That newborn poo leaks onto the covers 9 times out of 10 when using snappid or trifolded prefolds, and for the amount my newbies pooped, it was no more expensive to just get AIOs or pockets (or fitteds) than it was to buy all the extra covers I needed. >.<
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #525
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

That a lot of newborn diapers don't fit 6 pounders well. Lots of cord rubbing and leg gaping with both girls.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 12-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #526
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
That a lot of newborn diapers don't fit 6 pounders well. Lots of cord rubbing and leg gaping with both girls.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
ug
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #527
AHASRADA
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrinaLoves View Post
That newborn poo leaks onto the covers 9 times out of 10 when using snappid or trifolded prefolds, and for the amount my newbies pooped, it was no more expensive to just get AIOs or pockets (or fitteds) than it was to buy all the extra covers I needed. >.<
This, 100% I didn't mind doing diaper laundry, but I got sick of handwashing covers really quick, because they were always covered in EBF poop. Prefolds have worked fine since then, though.

I has a very easy time selling my NB and size small stash, so I wouldn't hesitate to go with all fitteds.
AHASRADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #528
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

bump!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Old 03-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #529
AutumnSnow
Registered Users

Great thread ! Very informative :-)
AutumnSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #530
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I thought this could use a bump!