Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2012, 04:37 AM   #31
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does anyone NOT have pockets?

Nope. I HATE pockets! I have an entire stash of AIOS (BG Freetimes and Elementals) which is almost all I ever use. Then I have a night time stash of Sbish OBF and wool. I also have an entire stash of prefolds, flats and Flips but I haven't been using them since I switched over to AIOs. I hate stuffing pockets. It does seem like that's what most people use. I hate the wash having a bunch of separate pieces that have to be matched up and stuffed. I hate stuffing them. I hate the feel of bare microfiber and I don't want to be bothered with finding alternatives to stuff with. I hate having to pull the insert out as they go in the wash. I also think that I don't like them because everyone else DOES like them, and I have to be different.

Oh and I use the BG FT for outings as well. I never have to do anything differently because they will hold her for hours and hours if need be. I can also add a doubler or two under the flaps and it will last 12 hours at night without a single leak. LOVE MY FREETIMES!

Advertisement

Last edited by momgoddess; 12-18-2012 at 12:33 AM.
momgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #32
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No pockets here. I did try Fuzzi Bunz and Sun Baby pockets when DD was little, but I just didn't like pockets and sold them all off by the time she was 5 months old. We use prefolds at home and BGE when out. Works great for us!
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #33
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

The only thing I like pockets for is the customizability, which in my case I might pull one out if I need a diaper to last awhile before I can change it. But the thing with that is that I can add a fleece topper to any prefold/cover combo and make it stay dry, so that's what I usually do instead. Even my husband can manage that.

I have the whole Artist Series in pocket and I can't bear to part with them because they are adorable. They have been stuffed in the back of a drawer for months, but I'm keeping them. For now.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #34
snugglebutter
Registered Users
seller

I love pockets in theory and still own some, but they've just never performed well for us. We mainly use Flips and prefolds.
S - happy to be homeschooling and expecting #5!
snugglebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #35
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only had fitteds for a long time, and that's what I used - at night, during outings, everywhere. I introduced a few AIOs at various points in the past. You can live without pockets, that's for sure!

I'm going to have to give mine up again because of this hard water issue.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #36
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

None here. Grovia AI2s exclusively for daytime, fitteds and wool at night.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #37
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbie
Well, we technically have some pockets, but we never use them as pockets. Out and about we use aios or trifolded prefolds and covers.

In the beginning we used pockets, but DH hated unstuffing wet ones and they also never got clean enough and started repelling like mad. For a while we put them up and didn't use them at all. Then I had an aha moment and realized you can use pockets like covers, so that's what we do now. No unstuffing and the fleece can repel all it wants!
Yup, we use pockets like covers here as well.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #38
thinkingahead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Never have, never will. We use any diaper on outings (snappied prefolds, flips/flats, BG organics) though I keep a couple of the BG in the diaper bag and sometimes put on the BG if I know I'll be changing while we're out. They are also my favorite airplane diaper.
thinkingahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #39
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
The only thing I like pockets for is the customizability, which in my case I might pull one out if I need a diaper to last awhile before I can change it. But the thing with that is that I can add a fleece topper to any prefold/cover combo and make it stay dry, so that's what I usually do instead. Even my husband can manage that.

I have the whole Artist Series in pocket and I can't bear to part with them because they are adorable. They have been stuffed in the back of a drawer for months, but I'm keeping them. For now.
Oh I hear you! I sold the three artist prints I had and regret it to this day

I like the idea of using the pockets as covers. I don't use pockets as part of my daily stash. Now I'm regretting all the pocket buying I did.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #40
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

I have not owned a pocket in 4 years. I use my GroVia hybrids or AIOs, or fitteds when I go out. I really don't adjust diapering for outings at all, I never really have...
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote