Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
LeAdams7
Registered Users
seller

Grovia ai2 or bitti tutto

I m trying to decide between these 2 diapers and budget is limited. Please give your thoughts/ opinions. Thank you!

Advertisement

LeAdams7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've used both and like the tutto better. I don't love either. Groves has better fit but the tutto is softer and more absorbant. I'd get one of each from a store that allows returns and take a physical look at them.
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
LeAdams7
Registered Users
seller

Re: Grovia ai2 or bitti tutto

What do you like best? I am getting Leaks from my flips and think they are bulky. I like pockets but think stuffing them will get old fast. I am looking for something trim, absorbent and easy
Old 12-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
LeAdams7
Registered Users
seller

Any other thoughts?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
organicmama10
Registered Users
seller
seller

Haven't tried Grovia. Tuttos are great for older babes. I don't love them for our nb. That said, I have a few I'm willing to part with if you're interested.
organicmama10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I've tried both and love my Grovia. They fit my 3 year old DD to PLing (she was shorter and stockier) and we used them from about 6 months (cuz that's when we started CDing) on my other DD who is long and skinny. Both are narrow in the crotch and reasonably trim. The tutto is a lower rise than many diapers so the fit takes some getting used to. I'm not a big fan of the minky outer on the tutto personally, because it kind of "sticks" to clothes but that's not something that bothers everyone.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #7
tmonty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'd say grovia.
tmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #8
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love our grovia- it's great for traveling because you can just switch out the soaker pads or use the disposable pads. I also love these because of their stretch- we're able to use them with our toddler and very few diapers are large enough at this point.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #9
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Love our Grovias, hate our itti bitti tutto. The fit is just now ok (14 mo, ~35th percentile) on the tuttos *with the rise unsnapped*. Tuttos just don't have much stretch, so it's hard to get that snug-but-gentle fit that so many other diapers give.

Grovias on the other hand... great fit, the cover can be use either with their soakers or with flats/prefolds, fit pretty well under clothes.
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Grovia the main diaper we used for 2years. We used velcro and I had to replace them about every year because of the velcro. I think I went through 3 replacements. including the couple we had before they were the main diaper. I love them but I wouldn't do it again. Combine with the iffy velrco and the crazy cost (so much more than when we started) I don't plain on using them with #2. If fact I sold the lot off.

Every time I bought more they had a new version out and this OS diaper kept getting bigger (great for us growing) the finally version we got, mid 2011 was getting binki style on my 2.5 DS.

So I recommend them with a but. I didn't use the other.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 12-17-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote