Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
cassmartinez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What are you making for Christmas Dinner?

It's going to be just us 4 this Christmas. Our first Christmas without families or friends to share with. I can't decide what to make...I need it to be friendly on the budget too..what are you guys doing?

Advertisement

cassmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What are you making for Christmas Dinner?

Um, I'm only responsible for the lamb roast. Not sure how helpful that is though since we raise it ourselves it is very economical.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Well, we are making Prime Rib and Yorkshire pudding, so that's not helpful.

But! I'd make lasagna. It's special, everyone loves it, it freezes and reheats well, and it doesn't need anything more than bread and salad to be complete. Yum!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
fiveofhearts
Registered Users

After hitting 7 Christmases each year we decided although we wanted a tradition each year we didn't want it to be a traditional meal. So we began our tradition. We each pick one of our favorite food items. They are not allowed to talk about it together and I quietly choose mine first. Then they all tell me and we have all of them! This will be our 4th year and we love it. This yr it looks like biscuits with gravy; mini taco; cheese slices; ribs; chili cheese fries. It's random but hilarious and yummy!!
fiveofhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:59 AM   #5
cassmartinez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveofhearts View Post
After hitting 7 Christmases each year we decided although we wanted a tradition each year we didn't want it to be a traditional meal. So we began our tradition. We each pick one of our favorite food items. They are not allowed to talk about it together and I quietly choose mine first. Then they all tell me and we have all of them! This will be our 4th year and we love it. This yr it looks like biscuits with gravy; mini taco; cheese slices; ribs; chili cheese fries. It's random but hilarious and yummy!!
Fun!
Old 12-18-2012, 05:21 AM   #6
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

We are doing a very simple christmas meal. Everyone is coming to our house but christmas is much more casual than thanksgiving. We are having ham, pre sliced that just needs to be heated on buns. And various other finger foods. Veggie tray, cheese tray....etc. I will make my cheesecake because everyone asks for it but otherwise a very simple meal.

When it was just the 3 of us in thailand, I cooked a traditional meal on christmas eve and we just ate leftovers on christmas. It was really nice to be able to lounge around and not worry about cooking on christmas.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #7
lovebear
Registered Users

Eggplant casserole and bean sprouts omelette, paired with steamed white rice. I would also include round-shaped fruits on the table, with honey-glazed ham to complete the Christmas dinner.
lovebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:15 AM   #8
cassmartinez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My birthday is the 24th so I'm always adamant to keep them very separate lol. I'm loving the ideas, I'm thinking maybe a turkey breast with gravy, mashed potatoes and then finger foods. Cheese, beef summer sausage and veggies. Of course the cheese and summer sausage will be a little pricey so I'm not real sure about that.

My son asked for a ham, we don't eat pork so I'm not sure what that kid was thinking lol!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #9
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You could do a turkey ham. They aren't to bad, and then he could have "ham" and you wouldn't have to eat pork. My mom used to slice the turkey ham, and then top each slice with a ring of pineapple and then a slice of mozzerella cheese and bake it. Super yummy.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #10
cassmartinez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
You could do a turkey ham. They aren't to bad, and then he could have "ham" and you wouldn't have to eat pork. My mom used to slice the turkey ham, and then top each slice with a ring of pineapple and then a slice of mozzerella cheese and bake it. Super yummy.
I didn't know that existed! I'll check it out!