Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #11
pumpkinseeds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else have trouble BDing so often while TTCing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I have read everyother day or even every 3 days gives a higher sperm count and better chances of conception.

Also I have read absence not only makes the heart grow fonder but also makes more sperm. I don't know if it is true. It has been several years since I read the article but it said being away a day or two, either him or you, can temporarily increase sperm count. All I remember was it was something about the man's body staking it's claim. It said it differently but this was how I remembered it.
Maybe my DH should stop working from home, or I should go stay with his mom every once in awhile

Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #12
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
My temp rose 2 days ago, my most FCM was 2 days before that. So we still got a some time to wait. I was looking into if I could know for Christmas but it'll only be 8ish days by then. I can def check by new years though and know if I'll be toasting the night or not.

We can be testing buddies.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
megenic
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko
I have read everyother day or even every 3 days gives a higher sperm count and better chances of conception.

Also I have read absence not only makes the heart grow fonder but also makes more sperm. I don't know if it is true. It has been several years since I read the article but it said being away a day or two, either him or you, can temporarily increase sperm count. All I remember was it was something about the man's body staking it's claim. It said it differently but this was how I remembered it.
Yep, it's true. That's where all those post deployment surprise babies come from in men who have had vasectomies. The vasectomy is no match for the 8 month build up or whatever :-)
Old 12-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAsh View Post
We can be testing buddies.
Woo! Good Luck!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #15
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Yep totally normal. I have a difficult time getting in the mood sometimes and I could go a long time without DTD, but DH struggles with that. He doesn't need to do it every day but he needs it at least 2x a week, preferably more. He still has that teenage brain, and a lot of times, that teenage mojo (as long as its not too late at night because he works all day). I can totally understand how ttc can be difficult, and tiring lol.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #16
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

DH and I killed ourselves going for everyday. We were both stressed, unhappy, and his contribution did not seem as much as when there were a few days between. After 12 months with no luck we went to every 2 to 3 days and bam that month we conceived.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #17
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytushi View Post
DH and I killed ourselves going for everyday. We were both stressed, unhappy, and his contribution did not seem as much as when there were a few days between. After 12 months with no luck we went to every 2 to 3 days and bam that month we conceived.
Cograts!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote