Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Newborn Tiny gPants with Custom Inserts

Hey all -- I will finish the inserts for these shortly, after having a word with the serger.

I have 11 new, prepped Tiny gPants (newborn size, 6-10 lbs). I acquired these from a person who washed them once in Tide, and isn't selling the one that got used. The velcro didn't pick up lint when being prepped.

The inserts are (WIP) mama-made, from flannel and hemp/cotton fleece. Inserts fit both tiny gPants and small gPants.

The flannel has been washed 5 times so it's fully shrunk and prepped. The hemp has been washed and dried 8 times for the same reason. I prepped everything in Country Save with extra rinses.

Inserts are about 4" x 11", with 3 flaps. Each flap has a small piece of hemp/cotton fleece sandwiched between 2 layers of flannel. The fleece is an oval in the front and center of the flap, not the back, so it's good for both girls and boys but has a trim rear.

The inserts weigh about 45 grams for all 3 flats. This is half the amount of a GMD flat, size medium, unbleached cotton ... in my experience, more than a newborn needs to go between diaper changes. So they're more absorbent than gCloth or gFlappers, but still trim.

They're 1 long piece folded in half, plus 1 short piece, I can sew them into a 3 flap insert or leave them separate, so you can customize absorbency.

The idea was to absorb plenty and wash really well.

Since they're prewashed, the flannel has pilled slightly, but I picked the flannel that pilled the least of my whole collection.

Piglet says, they're super comfy and trim (sorry, I don't have a newborn around) ...

Choices ... basically $6 per pant and $6 per insert, plus a little postage, with discounts for quantity.

1 tiny gPant and 1 insert = $13ppd

1 tiny gPant and 3 inserts = $23ppd

4 tiny gPants and 12 inserts = $85ppd

11 tiny gPants and 11 inserts = $115ppd

keywords: gDiapers, gDiaper, gPants, gCloth, gFlappers g Flappers, newborn.

Advertisement

Last edited by TrennaII; 12-19-2012 at 04:54 PM.
TrennaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Jen083083
Registered Users

Re: Newborn Tiny gPants with Custom Inserts

I would be interested, but (correct me if I'm wrong!) the tiny gpants don't have removable liners, so they can only be worn once and then have to be washed. I *think* they're not like a cover that can be used again. If that's the case, I'd pass on the sets and prefer one insert per diaper. I haven't actually used my tiny gpants yet though.

I'd be more interested in them if they were for S/M/L sizes.
Jen083083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Re: Newborn Tiny gPants with Custom Inserts

Tiny gPants are like any wipe-clean cover. If the insert is just wet, you can remove it and put a new one in. If it's more than wet, you need a whole new cover. But if you really want to, you can change the whole thing every time.

They're different from bigger gPants in that you can't remove the liner from the pant. But in bigger gPants, each liner can be used several times. With my LO, we used one liner per day, more only if we had a poo.

Looking around at the inserts that are sold for tiny and small gPants, these inserts should fit both newborn and small. In my experience, they have enough absorbency for bigger babies too (I used mediums and larges with my son, and he only ever soaked half a GMD size small flat, which weighs about 75 grams).

For medium and large gPants, based on my personal experience and what I'm seeing online, I'd go with an insert that's about 12-13" long and 4" wide, that weighs 75-90 grams if it's a natural fiber. (maybe I should start an Etsy store with gDiaper inserts, LOL).

Last edited by TrennaII; 12-19-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Photos.

Attachment 127876

Attachment 127877

Attachment 127878

Attachment 127879

(WHY can I not attach photos properly? They show in the thread on my phone, but not the computer).

Last edited by TrennaII; 07-12-2014 at 07:51 PM.