Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #21
moms5angels's Avatar
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,919
My Mood:
Re: Who wants to help me play with floor plans for a tiny house??

my dh & i were thinking of getting one too untill we saw the biggest size they had. we dont think they will work well for a family of 7. i love the idea of one!

Advertisement

moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #22
moms5angels's Avatar
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,919
My Mood:
Re: Who wants to help me play with floor plans for a tiny house??

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmoni247 View Post
I think you should consider a wall of storage that includes EVERYTHING, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juWaO...layer_embedded

Then the stairs wont seem so hard to fit
that is neat!
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:44 AM   #23
solarbabies's Avatar
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: beautiful New Mexico
Posts: 6,845
My Mood:
Re: Who wants to help me play with floor plans for a tiny house??

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmoni247 View Post
I think you should consider a wall of storage that includes EVERYTHING, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juWaO...layer_embedded

Then the stairs wont seem so hard to fit
Wow I have seen some like that, but that one is really cool! I don't know that it is so practical for a family though....But it would be cool to use some of those ideas.
__________________
[CENTER]~Shannon~Mama to Addisyn 6.6.10 and Ryan 1.22.12
solarbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:02 AM   #24
pgkcb13's Avatar
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wa. State
Posts: 3,872
My Mood:
Re: Who wants to help me play with floor plans for a tiny house??

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarbabies View Post
Wow I have seen some like that, but that one is really cool! I don't know that it is so practical for a family though....But it would be cool to use some of those ideas.
I agree, were I living by myself I'd love something like that, but with kids it'd drive me crazy! They'd be opening and closing things all the time, they're always under foot so they'd always be in the way of opening things... lol
__________________
~Kory~
Wife to my best friend; Mama to Beetle 3/12/09, Tiny 7/22/11, and Nugget 4/5/13
CDing, BWing, BFing, ERFing, Non-Vaxing, Co-Sleeping, Crunchy, Thrifty, SAHM!
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:05 AM   #25
pgkcb13's Avatar
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wa. State
Posts: 3,872
My Mood:
Re: Who wants to help me play with floor plans for a tiny house??

I haven't looked at this thread before because I don't have any advice to offer, but finally couldn't help looking

I'm totally jealous of you OP and the PPer with the yurt!!!
__________________
~Kory~
Wife to my best friend; Mama to Beetle 3/12/09, Tiny 7/22/11, and Nugget 4/5/13
CDing, BWing, BFing, ERFing, Non-Vaxing, Co-Sleeping, Crunchy, Thrifty, SAHM!
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #26
solarbabies's Avatar
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: beautiful New Mexico
Posts: 6,845
My Mood:
Re: Who wants to help me play with floor plans for a tiny house??

update in OP
__________________
[CENTER]~Shannon~Mama to Addisyn 6.6.10 and Ryan 1.22.12
solarbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #27
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,611
Re: Who wants to help me play with floor plans for a tiny house??

I think the first one is the most efficient use of space, but I would look into a very mall sink in the bathroom....I wouldn't want to brush my teeth in the kitchen. Im a little jealous of your home....Ive always wanted a tiny home.
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #28
4boys1girlforme's Avatar
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 12,369
My Mood:
Re: Who wants to help me play with floor plans for a tiny house??

I would want a sink in the bathroom but I would make the bathroom as tiny as possible so that your living space is as open and spacious as possible. Would a stand up shower be a possibility? I know you have small children but you might be able to make it work for a couple years and then you gain several feet of space that you might not otherwise use.
I would stack front loader washer and dryer. I have a set stacked in my foyer closet and love it. I'd probably try to put my appliances in a line (it might maximize counter space?). For instance you could start at the bath wall and stack washer/dryer next to refrigerator next to stove. Also if you put the sink next to the stove, it would keep all your plumbing on one wall.
You have 2 stoves in the 3rd drawing- is one a wood burning?
Will you have a tv? Perhaps a wall mount? If you put the table up against the wall- the tv could go above it.
I like the cubby/stairs idea- it seems like it such a small space you need to get more use for the space the stairs take up.
Also I would prob want a futon but be careful and get a quality one that is comfortable to sit on. We have one and it has a nice mattress but isn't comfy to sit on.
__________________
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #29
solarbabies's Avatar
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: beautiful New Mexico
Posts: 6,845
My Mood:
Re: Who wants to help me play with floor plans for a tiny house??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post
I would want a sink in the bathroom but I would make the bathroom as tiny as possible so that your living space is as open and spacious as possible. Would a stand up shower be a possibility? I know you have small children but you might be able to make it work for a couple years and then you gain several feet of space that you might not otherwise use.
I would stack front loader washer and dryer. I have a set stacked in my foyer closet and love it. I'd probably try to put my appliances in a line (it might maximize counter space?). For instance you could start at the bath wall and stack washer/dryer next to refrigerator next to stove. Also if you put the sink next to the stove, it would keep all your plumbing on one wall.
You have 2 stoves in the 3rd drawing- is one a wood burning?
Will you have a tv? Perhaps a wall mount? If you put the table up against the wall- the tv could go above it.
I like the cubby/stairs idea- it seems like it such a small space you need to get more use for the space the stairs take up.
Also I would prob want a futon but be careful and get a quality one that is comfortable to sit on. We have one and it has a nice mattress but isn't comfy to sit on.

We are all stubborn about the bath, but we have thought of other solutions to make it a little smaller (like using a trough instead of a tub) But we figure that it is such an awesome creature comfort, like when you are sick and achy.

Do you think all the appliances in a line would look ok? Or would it look tacky? I like that idea too as long as it wouldn't look tacky.

TV is a wall mount....just gotta figure out where to mount but above the table is what we were thinking as well.

And yes, the other stove is a wood stove...though we are wondering if we will truly need it in such a small space. We lOVE our wood stove though and have cords upon cords of wood to burn haha.

Thanks for the tip on the futon. I hope we can find one that is awesome for a couch and a bed. I figure it may be nice to have a bed option down low if needed. I can picture having the stomach flu and not wanting to run down the stairs to make it to the bathroom haha.
__________________
[CENTER]~Shannon~Mama to Addisyn 6.6.10 and Ryan 1.22.12
solarbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #30
mfergy0625's Avatar
mfergy0625
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,385
My Mood:
Re: Who wants to help me play with floor plans for a tiny house??

I like the first layout best. (and can I just say that I am in love with this thread!!)
__________________
Mandy, Christian wife to Dustin and homeschooling mama to Lucas (1/24/07), Eli (7/1/09) and Graham (2/10/11).
mfergy0625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.