Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #61
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Thursday...(Only 5 days to go!)

Love it Jess. I have been considering buying a service of 8 for something not too fancy but hip like that, nicer than the Corelle we normally use. You know, for grownup dinner parties and holidays. Our wedding china is no longer a full set of 8 and is long discontinued so not cost-effective to replace. I saw some Rachel Ray at both homegoods and kohls, maybe I will go there post-xmas to see what's on sale.

Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #62
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I found the best deal at Overstock. I liked a couple of her patterns, but this is just too fun. It wouldn't work for everyone, but anyone at our house is friend or family. No bosses and big wigs coming here to entertain.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #63
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

One more day of school! I have marking to do tonight, but not much else. I am stoked! I DO have to decide what clothes I am taking to Quebec, though. I hate packing.

Leftover potato soup for supper tonight, so all I have to do is reheat. That makes it easy! It is also nice, as we are having freezing rain right now. Soups will make me feel cozy.

Our school is not having a holiday concert this year due to job action. We will have a singalong tomorrow morning, but I am guessing that it will be secular. We will have kids that don't participate due to religious reasons. I guess they will likely go to the library?

I can't believe that Christmas is coming up so fast.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #64
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Thursday...(Only 5 days to go!)

I have some soup in the freezer. I should get that out and have it for my lunch tomorrow. I am getting into bad habits again. I didn't eat until dinner today...all I had during the day way 4 huge mugs of coffee.

Ok, I'm off to bed. folks!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #65
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Soup was good. I should do some marking now. When Ru gets home from work I need to write up tags for candy canes for my school kids.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #66
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Jacks school is catholic so obviously Jesus is the reason for the season there. However they do not do santa. However st Nicolas came around the school last week

I might be totally airheaded but i dont correlate Santa with religion
Old 12-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #67
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
And as I re read my post I guess it didn't come out the way I meant it too. I grew up with no religion and we always did Santa but in a non religious way
Old 12-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #68
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't correlate Santa with religion either, unless you are looking at Santa as a St. Nicholas figure. I get what you mean. At a Catholic school, Jesus certainly is the reason for the season.

It's funny. Since we do holidays and celebrations in Grade 2 here, this week we are learning about Christmas. When we got to "Who celebrates Christmas" the answer was Canadian Christians (because we look at things from a Canadian perspective). The number of kids in my class who were adamant that they weren't Christian but still celebrated Christmas surprised me. I was thinking to myself, "Me too!" but of course also needed to explain the Christian roots behind the celebration.