Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
bashtree
Registered Users
seller

Re: Single mothers by choice

I'm not exactly a single mama by choice, but I've been basically on my own (with child support) since before DS was born, and I think we're better off for it, and if things don't move and shake me into a new marriage in the next few years, I'll probably go the donor route to give DS a sib. So we aren't exactly in the same place logistically, but maybe mentally? Good luck with the BFP!!

Advertisement

bashtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #12
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to say hi and best wishes for your bfp.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #13
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not a single mother by choice, but I am a single mother. My pregnancy was unplanned and the father was not a good person. I'm choosing now to raise my dd alone.
Huxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #14
pioneergirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Right now, I only nanny, but planning on trying come January for my own via AI with a known donor. (met through Known Donor Registry).
pioneergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #15
pioneergirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And FYI: I am planning on trying the syringe method first, cup method if that doesn't work well for me. And donor will be "a part" of the baby's life (for lack of a better word) but not really. He will get picture updates and see the baby about once a year. Picture an open adoption set up. Totally excited to meet someone in the same boat as me!!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #16
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Hey, good luck! You must be excited. Before I met my husband I had decided I didn't want to marry. I was going to adopt and stay single, but God had other plans for me. I think there are benefits to being single. I hope you get your bfp!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #17
KLadyBugMama
Registered Users
Formerly: faithfulorangekids
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks everyone!! I'm 8dpo today and staying positive! Been having symptoms that I have never had before and I don't get PMS symptoms, so I'm hopeful but no high hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneergirl View Post
And FYI: I am planning on trying the syringe method first, cup method if that doesn't work well for me. And donor will be "a part" of the baby's life (for lack of a better word) but not really. He will get picture updates and see the baby about once a year. Picture an open adoption set up. Totally excited to meet someone in the same boat as me!!
That's awesome! I went through the exact same way you did. Using the known donor registry. He's a great person.

We should keep in touch!
Old 12-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #18
pioneergirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulorangekids View Post
Thanks everyone!! I'm 8dpo today and staying positive! Been having symptoms that I have never had before and I don't get PMS symptoms, so I'm hopeful but no high hopes

That's awesome! I went through the exact same way you did. Using the known donor registry. He's a great person.

We should keep in touch!
Agreed!! Good luck with your journey! We are definitely a minority in the world. We gotta stick together lol!

Have you read any books on the subject? I know there are a lot of very frank and to the point books that have been... okay. My absolute favorite was "Knock Yourself Up". Can't remember the author, but you could find it on Amazon (I had the kindle edition). It's a much more personal book than the others I read.

I have also found some really cute illustrated books specifically for children born to SMBC women, which i was sooo excited to find! Not only will I look forward to reading them to my child, but they are a sign that I am not alone in all this. There are others that are in the same boat as me!
Old 12-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #19
blueyes
Registered Users

Best wishes for your bfp! Well, I'm not married to the father of my kids but we're in a relationship and I call him my husband. I'm a single mother on a legal paper as I do not carry my partner's name. It's a choice unless there might come a time that he would propose to me.
blueyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #20
pioneergirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

BTW: I found it... Her name is Louise Sloan. Here is the amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20