Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-16-2007, 11:14 AM   #1
Registered Users
Dyed my wool stuff with wilton !!

Hello! This is my first attempt at dying wool. I used Wilton Teal, Leaf Green and I mixed Burgundy with Royal blue for the purple soaker. In retrospect I should have added more teal for a more vibrant color. Also, I was going to make the other soaker just Burgundy but it looked a little pink so I added the Royal blue after the soaker was in. If you look at the pic. closely you can see that some of the blue globed on in the back. I LOVE how the Baby Legs turned out though. So pretty!

For those of you who have never done it, I just boiled the water, threw in the dye, squirted some lemon juice in, turned the heat off and then put my wool in and let it sit over night. In the morning I ran under cool water and now it's on the towel to dry. I'm going to wash and lanolize tonight. Hopefully my colors will stick.

BTW you all are posting such beautiful work!! I've just started knitting and I'm so envious of what you all can do! WOW!

Aubrey2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Dyed my wool stuff with wilton !!

They turned out really good
Kristy, Loving wife to Jarret, and SAHM to two co-sleeping spoiled rotten kiddos. 21 month old binky addicted Rylee and 4 year toddler terror, Raider
booboonfattymagee is offline   Reply With Quote