Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #31
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We have two boys and most people know I'm pregnant right now. Although we haven't had any overtly obnoxious remarks, I can't WAIT to hear how they all react when we tell them we're having twins!!! hehehe

Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #32
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Super Nosey Family Members

Most people I know either say or think those comments when they personally believe the parents aren't capable of properly providing for or parenting all of the children (time, money, education, home size....). I hear those comments (& often think the same thing myself) over plenty of people just having 1 kid. I've never thought, or heard, comments like that aimed at individuals just over family size alone.

So, if a comment like that was aimed at me I would truly be hurt & would really focus on what others could possibly think I'm not capable of providing my children with.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #33
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark View Post
Most people I know either say or think those comments when they personally believe the parents aren't capable of properly providing for or parenting all of the children (time, money, education, home size....). I hear those comments (& often think the same thing myself) over plenty of people just having 1 kid. I've never thought, or heard, comments like that aimed at individuals just over family size alone.

So, if a comment like that was aimed at me I would truly be hurt & would really focus on what others could possibly think I'm not capable of providing my children with.
i have heard this form family & friends who dont believe ppl can raise more then 1-2 kids. they think if u have more then that. no matter what u do or how hard u try. u can not rase more then 2 kids properly. i knoe people who have 4-6 kids & they do an awsome job! i really look up to them. there r ppl who even talk bad about them only cuz they dont agree w/ the amount of kids they have. what i have learned w/ having a larger family is no matter what u do. somone is always gonna find somthing in u they dont like or approve of in your parenting style or somthing elese. i stoped caring about what others thought or said. as long as i know im doing my best as a mother & my kids r takin care of . at the end of the day thats all that matters.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #34
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had acquaintances say right in front of me (while pregnant with my 3rd) that having more than 2 children was financially irresponsible.

She honestly didn't mean anything by it, or even think that I was there, but I think that is just the mindset of others, that you must be irresponsible. Well I think it's irresponsible to have credit card debt for Christmas presents, or going out to eat 3 nights a week, or smart phones and cable. But everyone makes choices, and what might be irresponsible for me, won't be for them, and the other way around.

They might want to live a certain lifestyle that doesn't allow them to have more children in a financially responsible way and keep that up, I make different choices and I think it's really hard for some people to see past that.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #35
TripleMbride
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark

I could get hung up on what others think of me but at the end of the day I have a supportive loving husband, and the 3 kids we already have are very well taken care of (by us, and not our family) and so I really can't let myself think their is a reason of concern coming from them as to why/if/when we had another other than the fact that some family members are just NOSEY! And rude!
So while I understand what you're saying. That isn't the case for us.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum