Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
creativeOTmomma
Registered Users

Opinions on my NB stash?

I'm due with my first in March & I have been researching NB diapers like crazy. I think I finally have my NB stash narrowed down so see what you think.
I have already bought 12 GMD NB prefolds & 12 GMD small prefolds. I am going to get a dozen more GMD prefolds, but I'm not sure if I should get NB or small size? I am thinking we will mostly use prefolds during the day & AIO's at night & for convincing my Mother CDs are cute & easy. I am also making 30 wipes, probably flannel, and I have enough material to make 2 large wet bags & at least 1 small/med.

I am currently registered for
2 Kissaluvs fitted
2 Kissa's NB AIO
5 swaddlebees NB simplex
3 Tots Bots Tini Fit
3 Thirsties Duo AIO size 1
2 Thirsties xs covers
2 Bummis NB covers
4 Thirsties Duo Wraps size 1
5 snappis

I'll buy the ones I don't get at my shower & I am thinking 2 more covers? I want to wash every other day. I am also not sure what kind of detergent to use. We use rainwater from a cistern so it is pretty soft water, but we also may use softened well water if our cistern runs low.

Advertisement

creativeOTmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
ecomother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Opinions on my NB stash?

I'd recommend more NB prefolds because they really do fit a newborn better, even if only for a short while, plus you can always use them as a booster later on. My ds was 6 lbs. at birth and the nb GMD prefolds were too bulky on him and I was so glad I'd overbought (better than being under prepared, right?) and had the nb Imagine smart fit pf's. They are thinner but they fit him when he was so tiny and now he uses them to beef up his nighttime diapers. I found the Thirsties duo cover with snaps to fit smaller than the Thirsties NB cover, and we really loved the duo till he outgrew it at 14 lbs. I've heard great things about the simplex, wish I'd tried them but I was hung up on prefolds, lol!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Opinions on my NB stash?

5 snappis seems like a lot to me...I've always just had 2. And for the price of 3 snappis, you could get another diaper on the inexpensive side.
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote