View Poll Results: What are your feelings about labor & delivery?
Only in a hospital 24 27.91%
Only at home (circumstances permitting) 33 38.37%
Open to both 29 33.72%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
Nica1108
Registered Users

My Mood:
Hospital vs. Home Birth...PLEASE HELP!!

We found out were expecting our 3rd child August 12. I had both children in a hospital with the traditional OB. Both deliveries were fast, problem free & primarily natural. My sons birth went great, my daughters birth was TERRIBLE!!! Because of my last awful experience, I want to explore my options, specifically a home birth. My husband is 100% against home births. He wont even consider a consultation appointment with a home birth midwife. I'm so frustrated. I'm currently under the care of a midwife who works with the OB department of our hospital, but I'm not feeling confident this is the right choice. I am excited to try laboring in the whirlpool tubs that the hospital offers and trying a water birth but I don't want to stay in the hospital. I get claustrophobic and depressed in the hospital, I'm dreading that more than the pain of labor & delivery! The only birth center is 45 minutes away, too far to travel in the heat of contractions and honestly, my last labor & delivery was only 90 minutes, I'm afraid I'd end up delivering in the car. Any suggestions? Ideas? Similar fears? Similar problems?
Nica1108 is offline   Reply With Quote