Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

I don't really need fitteds....right? ;)

So I am trying to simplify my stash. I had too much into it/going on. I have decided to stick to flats, prefolds, and a few pockets. I will have a NB and almost 2 year old in cloth. I have a dozen flats, 2 dozen prefolds (in each size), and a few pockets/AIOs for each of them. I keep thinking I need to add some fitteds, but it puts me over my budget I set for myself. I do use sposies on occasion long outing and at night. So I'm really thinking I don't have a need for fitteds. Someone else tell me! I aske DH, but he just thinks I'm a crazy diaper lady

Advertisement

2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
mrsmccullen07
Registered Users
seller

Re: I don't really need fitteds....right? ;)

I would get fitteds for night-time use , they ROCK for nights. We use them all the time but at one time I only had them for night.

mrsmccullen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmccullen07 View Post
I would get fitteds for night-time use , they ROCK for nights. We use them all the time but at one time I only had them for night.
I use sposies at night though.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
mrsmccullen07
Registered Users
seller

Re: I don't really need fitteds....right? ;)

Do you plan on doing that for the whole time your kids are in diapers ? If so then you may not need fitteds , I personally try to use no sposies

mrsmccullen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #5
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmccullen07 View Post
Do you plan on doing that for the whole time your kids are in diapers ? If so then you may not need fitteds , I personally try to use no sposies
Yes. I started using cd at night didn't like it. Went to sposies for a bit, then back to cloth at night. Eventually back to sposies.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #6
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wonderfulboys
So I am trying to simplify my stash. I had too much into it/going on. I have decided to stick to flats, prefolds, and a few pockets. I will have a NB and almost 2 year old in cloth. I have a dozen flats, 2 dozen prefolds (in each size), and a few pockets/AIOs for each of them. I keep thinking I need to add some fitteds, but it puts me over my budget I set for myself. I do use sposies on occasion long outing and at night. So I'm really thinking I don't have a need for fitteds. Someone else tell me! I aske DH, but he just thinks I'm a crazy diaper lady
I am a crazy diaper lady. Lol. My whole stash is fitteds and I think it was a splurge. I don't really need them but I felt like being a little fancy. Prefolds are more than adequate. I used mostly prefolds when my baby was born until about 5 months or so and once I got the hang of pinning them I never had a blow out. I prefer fitted diapers now because she is a heavier wetter at a yr old and cotton is bulky once the doubler is added.

I use sbish snapless and b4 right now with wool covers. Once I got into fitteds it opened up the world of wool. Sometimes I feel I should have kept it simple with prefolds. It was a lot less expensive.

Gmd wh fitteds are awesome on a budget!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdra View Post

I am a crazy diaper lady. Lol. My whole stash is fitteds and I think it was a splurge. I don't really need them but I felt like being a little fancy. Prefolds are more than adequate. I used mostly prefolds when my baby was born until about 5 months or so and once I got the hang of pinning them I never had a blow out. I prefer fitted diapers now because she is a heavier wetter at a yr old and cotton is bulky once the doubler is added.

I use sbish snapless and b4 right now with wool covers. Once I got into fitteds it opened up the world of wool. Sometimes I feel I should have kept it simple with prefolds. It was a lot less expensive.

Gmd wh fitteds are awesome on a budget!
I was/am a crazy diaper lady. I have tried just about every diaper. I have had fitteds wool LOTS of wool, and it was sooo much and so expensive. All of it is for sale now. It got me in a whole heap of trouble :| This time I'm going to try and CD to actually save money LOL I sort of feel like if I have a bit of everything in my stash I won't have a reason to ever add anything bc it's all there.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #8
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

I go through diaper phases where I like something for a while then want a change. I must keep it simple this time!! I have to!! (Repeat to self) Maybe after tax time or I sell some more things I will add a fitted or 2.