Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #11
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need advice! Dont know what to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMomma View Post
I think if you don't mind carrying a baby to term, putting it in the loving arms of a family wanting to adopt is the most wonderful thing.
Adoption is a beautiful sacrifice. You stated you do not agree/believe in abortion so it seems like the abortion pill shouldn't even be an option.

Advertisement

raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #12
momtoesther
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
Adoption is a beautiful sacrifice. You stated you do not agree/believe in abortion so it seems like the abortion pill shouldn't even be an option.
This
Old 12-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #13
Funnyfarmmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMomma View Post
I think if you don't mind carrying a baby to term, putting it in the loving arms of a family wanting to adopt is the most wonderful thing.
Completely agree! God bless you mama :-)
Old 12-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #14
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so sorry you are going through this...I agree with the previous posters that are encouraging you to consider adoption. One of my family members placed a baby for adoption 8 years ago, and even though it was a difficult thing, it has been an amazing blessing to think of the beautiful life the sweet child gets to have....he was conceived into similar circumstances, but his parents chose life for him and neither one has regrets over it. If you don't believe in abortion, I would STRONGLY encourage you to go to a crisis pregnancy type place as I think they would be more in line with your beliefs. I think a pro-life crisis pregnancy center would offer you more support, including helping you figure out how to keep and raise the baby yourself if you want to consider that option as well!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evasimone View Post
I think its a very personal decision. I would recommend stopping at planned parenthood and talking with them. If you don't want to take the pill or get an abortion dont. But it wouldn't hurt to know your options, especially since you aren't sure. Fwiw my friend took the pill, she cramped and bled for two days but was otherwise fine.

Best of luck.
I agree. Planned parenthood can give you lots of information on all your options and help get you started down whichever path you choose.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #16
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I certainly agree with considering adoption.

But the pill you speak of...are you referring to the morning after pill? If so, there is a very short window to take it and you have missed said window if you are already pregnant. And if you're on here inquiring about whether to have an abortion or not...well, I don't think that is in the best taste. Best wishes figuring your situation out regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #17
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Withdrawal is not an effective method of birth control. It does not mean you are both super fertile, it just means you are both fertile and weren't using protection.

Sad that he's telling you to have an abortion. He wasn't using protection either!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #18
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor
Withdrawal is not an effective method of birth control. It does not mean you are both super fertile, it just means you are both fertile and weren't using protection.

Sad that he's telling you to have an abortion. He wasn't using protection either!
Agree. It's the pull and pray method cause its a huge chunk of luck in that system.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #19
Ellasundies
Registered Users

IMVHO abortion shouldn't be used for birth control. I'm sorry your in this position Mama, but I really think the absolute most selfless thing you can do right now is adoption. You have been given the opportunity to bring great joy into this world. I would run with it if you are at all able.
Ellasundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #20
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Call a Planned Parenthood and ask for an appointment for "options counseling". I know that the PP affiliate here has a pro-choice adoption agency that is very supportive of the biological mother's choice and won't pressure you one way or another. All Planned Parenthood's have an adoption agency they can refer you to, as well as agencies they can refer you to, for help, should you decide to raise the child. Often laying out the actual facts of each choice, will make what you want to do, very clear. They can even lay out the legal requirements for the father to support the child, etc., should you choose to continue the pregnancy and keep the child. If you are truly opposed to abortion, they will not encourage you to have an abortion. You're the one who has to live with your decision, not the counselors.
I don't recommend a "pregnancy crisis" center as they have a very specific agenda and will push you based on their beliefs, no matter what you need or what is best for you and your family.
Also, the abortion pill, or "medication abortion" can be more complicated than a surgical abortion depending on what state you are in and that facility's protocols. I know in Ohio it takes 4 visits due to state law, but I think surgical AB only requires 2 visits in Ohio. Medication abortions are actually a two step process with two different medications. Medication abortions often require an ultrasound as well. You do not have to look at the ultrasound with either type of AB, even if it is required to have the ultrasound done. Just look away. Also, if it is very early there won't be much to see.
With a medication AB you would have symptoms similar to a miscarriage that would last at least a few days. It isn't as simple as "take a pill and you aren't pregnant". Also, you can only have a medication AB pretty early, again it varies by state and protocols, but I'm pretty sure it's only to about 7 weeks.
Good luck! You have a very difficult decision to make that will impact you and your current children for years to come. Don't let anyone push you one way or another. Just arm yourself with as many facts as you can so you can make a well-informed decision.

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote