Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #21
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Re: Proposal: Can admin please keep a "damaged package complaints" file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96 View Post
I don't know. I don't think that damage items claims happen that often. I think the biggest scam on this site is the partial refund. This is the only site I have ever belonged to that promotes the idea of a partial refund if you are not satisfied with the condition of your used item.
Every site I'm a member of allows this, including TheBabyWearer and eBay. It's all up to the buyer and seller. I don't see a problem with allowing it. In many cases the partial refund is called for, and probably the seller may prefer it to a total return. The problem is with chronic dishonest abusers of it, as with any policy. That's what I wish could be addressed.

Also - damaged/missing item claims crop up frequently enough to be a concern. Just from the posts on this sub-forum, there are quite a few instances. And this is probably only 5% of all actual cases - most just suffer in silence.

Advertisement

expaik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #22
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
Rest assured ladies, something like this is already in place. Mods can see notes on any user profile, so that any serial behavior can be easily detected, be it potential scamming or anything like this. Since mods come and go, it's policy to place a note on the person's username whenever someone has to be contacted in their capacity as a mod. It's good for detecting issues like the one you suggest, and good so that all mods can see what communications have taken place so if there's any dispute on what was said, there is a record so all mods are on the same page.
I just reported a transaction recently but I don't think everyone knows you can do that and I was unsure myself even after all my years here. A sticky in trans/fb about suspicious transactions might be good. A what do do "if" type thing.

Oh and in the last year I've had two of these transactions where the buyer claimed that either it didn't show and I knew it did, or that something was missing. No way to prove it so I had to refund. Can't leave neutral or neg fb based on that and nobody's going to look at a positive fb for transaction problem notations.

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 12-26-2012 at 11:51 AM.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #23
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
I just reported a transaction recently but I don't think everyone knows you can do that and I was unsure myself even after all my years here. A sticky in trans/fb about suspicious transactions might be good. A what do do "if" type thing.

Oh and in the last year I've had two of these transactions where the buyer claimed that either it didn't show and I knew it did, or that something was missing. No way to prove it so I had to refund. Can't leave neutral or neg fb based on that and nobody's going to look at a positive fb for transaction problem notations.
EXACTLY what I said above.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. It really burns me up that people cheat others this way. I've received over a dozen packages from others in which a delivery DC scan never happened.. but I never could imagine myself lying and claiming it didn't arrive.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #24
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 View Post
As per ds rules if the item is sent in a paper envelope the mods will not moderate the situation.
And I was burned by this very policy.

I traded with another mama back when I only had around 20 feedbacks. She had over 100. She sent me a bunch of stuff in a manila envelope, no taping, it arrived gaping open, and 1/3 of the contents were missing.

When I told her about it, there was no apology, if you can believe it. Simply "I think you still got your trade value's worth, with what's in the package. if you're not happy, we can trade back". When the mods were contacted, all they could recommend was to trade back. Paypal couldn't protect me because it was a trade involving no PP.

Because I was intimidated by my junior status, and didn't want to lose out on high shipping costs both ways, I had no choice but to accept the situation.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #25
kimberleybpatt
Registered Users
seller

Great idea, expaik!
kimberleybpatt is offline   Reply With Quote