Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #11
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Newborn stash (we started cloth at 6weeks for DD and she fit in OS by then)

Heartbeat thing - letting DD keep hers

Star projecting nightlight - letting DD keep hers

New pump parts

Musical thing for playmat - DD is highly attached to hers

Wind up lovey

I think that's it. New baby will use all the bedding, swaddles, etc from DD. Just need to replace the few things that we want DD to keep as her own.

Of course, the big expense here is putting DD in her new room. So, there will be the purchase of bedding, new lamp, etc.

Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #12
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What did you get for your second baby?

I had 3 boys in 3.5 years.... very little was needed "new" for each baby. I will say though that with DS3 i definitely wanted a "safe space" for baby to be put down where the other two boys were not to touch him but that wasn't his crib either. We got a "bouncer" for this purpose and it was great to have.

With each baby i got brand new boxes of breast milk storage bags, gripe water, pacifiers, and new onsies.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #13
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am more or less set since we knew we would have more kiddos and avoid genderized items. They will be 2 years apart. NB clothes and carseat are being borrowed by cousin, so once we get those back I think we'll be good.

I did order a NB insert for the ergo during black friday. I do still need to order a baby memory book. Otherwise I don't think we need anything. My only obstacle is that DD is super attached to her crib, and we planned on using that for the baby. So we may end up getting a second one!
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #14
kanga1622
Registered Users

We got rid of everything thinking we would not be able to have another one. Now we need to get: infant seat, wrap, breast pump, bottles, clothes. Everything else would be nice but not totally necessary. We have already picked up a few more OS diapers since we had a few delaminate with DS.

A coworker has offered us her boppy, portable swing, and some stand up baby toys. That will round out most of what we'd like. I think we may look for a saucer as that was very helpful last time when we needed to do laundry and needed a safe place for baby to be after they got mobile.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 12-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #15
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

You simply MUST get a little set like this one.

We loved it. My DD literally spent her first several weeks on life in it. It seemed to soothe her. It was very easy to do changes and she just looked so sweet in it.

Our second fave.

Pretty much that set,boob,diapers, and a couple blankets were all that were used the first several weeks of life. Oh, and I did like my stretchy wrap more than my woven one for the bitty baby stage.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #16
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here is a thought for you... With my first I had everything, and multiples of it. Before my second was born, I did a huge purge and whatever wasn't a "need" got put away in the attic, and I promised myself that, if I didn't use it for #2 I would simply get rid of it. After #2 I purged even more. But, I didn't just take it all to the consignment shop - I sold it individually, taking the time to get the most bang for my items. In doing so, and in shopping used kids shops in upscale cities, I was able to completely replace all non-sentimental things with suuuuuuper nice baby gear.

So, baby #3 has:

-Baby Bjorn bouncy seat
-Svan bouncy seat
-Peg Perego Pliko Switch stroller (platform on back for older child, plus the seat comes off to use it as a snap-n-go, but it is also the BEST full-size stroller out there)
-Peg Perego leather car seat
-Ergo and Moby
-Baby Hammock
-Heimess wooden baby gym
-TONS of nice organic clothes

We co-sleep so crib isn't needed but I have a really nice Humanity Family Bed co-sleeper that we love.

If you have a basement full of baby stuff, and have the time to purge, I say go for it - sell what you don't totally love and replace it with nice, wooden/heirloom stuff.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #17
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DS is just 18 months so we have kept everything we liked. He will be just over 2 when this babe is born. We already have the following:

2 dozen nb PFs
3 nb Proraps
2 xs Thirsties wraps
6 Swaddlebees nb Simplex
And 2 dozen small flats that will have for when we're in a pinch (not my first choice for nb)

Car seat
Single stroller
Ring sling, Beco Butterfly II and Boba 3G
Bouncer
Play gym, toys, jumperoo, etc
All of DS's clothes, socks, hats, bibs, burp cloths, etc
We also have plenty of sized PFs, flats and OS diapers for later although I may trade some put if we have a girl this time.

The only things I plan to buy are the following:
3-4 size 1 Capri covers
Another 2-3 nb Simplex
A double stroller (I actually just bought a BJ City Mini GT double - we have the single and I love it!)
A nice swing (DS's was a cheapie and he hated it but loved swings in general...I'm splurging for this kid)
A few more wipes since we'll have two in diapers for a while.
A hand-me-down dresser of some sort for the newb's clothes.
Possibly another crib is DS isn't really to leave his before then.
This kiddo will also need a convertible car seat down the road too.
And if this kiddo is a girl, I will buy some girly things but they will also wear lots of DS's stuff too.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by lynn97; 12-29-2012 at 04:35 PM.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #18
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
For our second baby, we needed something to keep her up off of the floor so that DS wouldn't hit her/have free access to her. So we got one of those little bouncy seats that is nearly parallel to the floor but is slightly angled. (Not a jumper type thing.)

I also liked having a couple more wetbags and pail liners, just because both kids were in diapers.

It was also nice to get some new books, blankets, and toys that were hers, so that DS didn't feel like all of his old stuff was being taken away.
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #19
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbie
For our second baby, we needed something to keep her up off of the floor so that DS wouldn't hit her/have free access to her. So we got one of those little bouncy seats that is nearly parallel to the floor but is slightly angled. (Not a jumper type thing.)

I also liked having a couple more wetbags and pail liners, just because both kids were in diapers.

It was also nice to get some new books, blankets, and toys that were hers, so that DS didn't feel like all of his old stuff was being taken away.
I'm thinking about getting another pail liner or two for this same reason. I'm not sure if they'll dry in time if I'm washing every day or day and a half...

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #20
babycat42
Registered Users
seller
seller

I never saved any baby items between kids and each kid has had new stuff.
I think If we have a 4th I would like to get a baby hammock and use it in place of a swing and bed.

like this one

http://www.etsy.com/listing/25857762...earch_type=all

Last edited by babycat42; 12-29-2012 at 09:38 PM.
babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote