Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #11
Knutsonfam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone pregnant and have a really low TSH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heluvsme View Post
I am hypothyroid and I have been for many years. I've never had my tsh this low before...and don't know if that is causing issues.
Hypothyroidism is absolutely correlated with miscarriage. I think a full thyroid panel would be very helpful as well as a consultation with an endocrinologist. I take both synthroid and cytomel and have had good results with the combination of medicines. I watch it very carefully during pregnancy and it seems to have worked for us.

Here is an interesting link: http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/pregnancy.htm

Also, I'm wondering if the reason you have the thyroid problem is related, not just the thyroid problem itself, kwim. Hypothyroidism can be the result of an auto-immune disorder and auto-immune disorders *can* result in a higher risk of miscarriage. IDK details, just a thought.

I'm sorry for your losses and I hope things improve for you soon.

Advertisement

Knutsonfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #12
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heluvsme
I am hypothyroid and I have been for many years. I've never had my tsh this low before...and don't know if that is causing issues.
If you are hypothyroid and taking synthroid your tsh should be low. It means you are on the correct dose. When being treated for hypothyroid a high tsh means you need to up your dose. Good luck!
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #13
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone pregnant and have a really low TSH?

Hyperthyroid levels (this sounds like your problem) can be dangerous for pregnancy, but I have not sen them linked to miscarriage. With a level like that you would probably be having symptoms of heart racing, weight loss, and muscle weakness. Have you had any of that? My thyroid freaked out once and up felt terrible and lost 20 pounds in about 4 weeks. My TSH was .007. It healed on it's own, but I was sent for an ultrasound of my thyroid to rule out cancerous nodules.

I would be concerned given that you are pregnant.