Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
calleiah
Registered Users
seller

Mommas with belly button piercings...

When did you remove your jewelry?

With my first I had a ring and never needed to remove it. With my second I removed it pretty early (20-25 weeks?) and replaced it with plastic dental floss. With my third it really started to bother me and I took it out around 25 weeks and put in the dental floss again. This time it hasn't bothered me at all and I'm nearly 33 weeks. Just curious how other mommas deal with it.

Advertisement

calleiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mommas with belly button piercings...

The ONE stretch mark I have on my belly is my piercing Now it's really ugly and I stopped using it It's still open, but too small to put anything in.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #3
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I don't remember what point I took it out when pregnant with DD. but I never put it back in cause I am old
Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
I don't remember what point I took it out when pregnant with DD. but I never put it back in cause I am old
Me too!

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:52 PM   #5
lovebear
Registered Users

I used to have a belly button piercing before I got pregnant with my firstborn. Had to remove the thing because it was contraindicated to the area where it was going to be treated for an ultrasound. After I gave birth, I never put it back again because it does not look good on me anymore.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #6
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
lol! me, too
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #7
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had the top and bottom pierced and wih my first I didn't take it out the top until around 20-25 weeks, only because I was getting stretch marks from the scar and I didn't want to bring attention to it, plus my belly button was changing and it looked weird. The bottom I left in for longer because it wasn't bothering me, once my belly button got really flat I took that one out too. I only put the bottom one back in afterward, and its still in now and not bothering me at 20 weeks, so ill probably leave it in until my belly button changes again.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #8
Momma2theJs
Registered Users
seller

With my first I took it out around 25 weeks and didn't use anything to hold it open. After delivery, I got it back in easily with a little Vaseline. With my second pregnancy, I took it out much earlier, around 12 weeks, because I got big a LOT faster. After delivery, I still got it in with no problem. I'm now 34 weeks prego with my third and had to take it out around 12 weeks again. I'm not sure how it will work out this time because I have a HUGE stretch mark right on/over the hole. I will still try to get it back in, even though I NEVER show my belly in public any more, but hubby likes it.
Momma2theJs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #9
aubreyaks
Registered Users
seller
seller

First baby, never took it out, used a "pregnancy" ring that was plastic. Second baby, took it out around 34 weeks, it did not close and I put it back in a week or so after birth. I am old too lol, but it reminds me I was young and wild once lol
Old 12-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

took mine out with dd around 20 weeks and never put it back in either. I got stretch marks from her though
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote