Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
Registered Users
Tell me about your Kinderpack.

I am such a flake. I have flip-flopped about baby carriers all over the place.

Tell me about your Kinderpack.
Explain the acronyms that people use for it. Haha. Like PF?

And... Is it your very favorite most comfy carrier ever?

MichelleKiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Tell me about your Kinderpack.

PF is the perfect fit adjusters. it makes it possible to buy one length straps and use it for multiple people. Like if you are shorter than your hubby.

With that said, I really like my KP. To me, it's most comparable with Boba which I absolutely love. The straps are really padded, and it's super comfy to use. I like the pocket that the hood goes in to, because it's just super neat.
Wife to DH and mommy to DD (12/07) and DS (2/11)
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
Registered Users
My sister loves her kp so much and she has a really bad back and high needs baby. I like the kanga better. The straps are too puffy on the kp for me so you can't really cross them for front carries but I know people who love love love them!
Jul, This used to be a great place
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
Registered Users
Re: Tell me about your Kinderpack.

They are awesome carriers, especially at the bigger sizes, and beautifully made by a sweet WAHM right here in the US. I have four KPs at the moment .

They are more padded in the straps than many others SSCs but they are super comfy. They carry lower than some oher carriers (particularly compared to Kangas) and due to the three piece body, are worn looser than most other SSCs --- this can make them a little hard to adjust for the first time of you are coming from MTs or wrapping where LO is more often high and tight. But once you find the sweet spot they are so comfy!

They also fit best when baby fills out the body well - they are not a carrier where you can really buy a bigger one and hope to grow into it. That said, the come in sizes ranging from newborn to preschool and because they have high resale value, you can usually sell and buy a bigger one when your reach the next size. The sizes are generous, some folks use the infant size all the way from newborn to 18 months (it has an awesome widt adjustable feature) and you may never need the huge preschool one. My 2.5 year old fits perfectly in a toddler size KP and will for some time.

I also love the tuckable hood design --- dangling hoods are a pet peeve of mine and I always lose detachable ones!

KPs have a body size (infant, standard, toddler, preschool) that refers to the panel size for LO and a strap size (petite, standard, plus) that refers to the strap length for the wearer. So inf/std is infant body with standard strap, tod/pet is toddler body with petite straps, ps/plus is preschool body with plus strap, etc.

PFA are perfect fit adjusters --- these shorten the straps up to four or five inches from the shoulder side. They used to be optional but recently Kp has started adding them to all new KPs. Petite straps have been phased out in favor of the PFAs, and a lot of moms seem to like getting plus straps with the PFAs so they can go between standard and plus to share with a larger partner. Older Kps bought used can have the pfas added.

Hope that answers your questions!
Ecdyses is offline   Reply With Quote