Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #51
doula81012
Registered Users

Re: Updates! Birth announcements!

Surprise Baby was a BOY! 12/23/12 7lb 2oz 19in born at home in the water

Advertisement

doula81012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #52
brookglen
Registered Users

Re: Updates! Birth announcements!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookglen View Post
Hi guys! I started out with you all last spring but sadly had to leave the group pretty early on. Anyway, I always check in to see how everyone is doing. I want to wish you all the best of luck over the next month or two as you welcome your little ones! I'm so excited to see all of your babies.

We are pregnant again, I'm having a little girl due the first week in February and things are going very well. Anyway, good luck and I'll be keeping my eye out for your announcements!
Well, ironically enough our little girl ended up coming in December anyway! 7 weeks early, on 12/15. She's doing great and we hope to have her home next week. I just can't believe I ended up being a December mama, I had to share!
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:36 AM   #53
charirosey
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookglen

Well, ironically enough our little girl ended up coming in December anyway! 7 weeks early, on 12/15. She's doing great and we hope to have her home next week. I just can't believe I ended up being a December mama, I had to share!
Wow that's so crazy cool!!! So happy to hear shes doing good despite being early. Very happy for you! Congrats!
charirosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:16 PM   #54
Ryder
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookglen

Congrats! I'm glad to see she is doing well. I think we were in the aug DDC together with out firsts
Happily married to "M" and loving life with my toddler "B" 8.17.10. Waiting for #2, my christmas baby!!
Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:24 AM   #55
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookglen View Post

That's awesome! Congratulations!
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #56
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

We had a GIRL on Friday the 28th. Emery Grace was born via repeat c/s at 8 am weighing a whopping 10lb 8oz, 21in long. Surgery went great, had staples removed before leaving the hospital.
She was pretty jaundiced on day 2 and had to use phototherapy to help with it. We came home on Monday after being under the lights for about 15 hours. The roughest part was not being able to be with her the entire time, but we both survived and are home and doing well.
Her weight dropped to 9lb 10oz on Monday before discharge and we have our first weight check today. She nurses like a champ so hopefully she is up a few oz.

ETA: Her weight was 10lb 3oz today!!
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm

Last edited by myclanof6; 01-03-2013 at 07:37 PM.
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #57
HaleysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We had a girl, Riley Isabella, on Friday December 28. Labor lasted a whopping 90 minutes! 9lb 2oz and 22".

! 3 hours before labor began I was only 1cm (but this was my third baby so that 1 meant nothing). And I was 10 days past my EDD. This baby was quite snug.

I was at a play date at a friends house when I went to the bathroom. There was a big pop and after a second I wasn't sure if it was a violent baby movement or my water breaking. I left the room and consulted with my girlfriends as a hush rushed out. Yup, water broke!

We let all the kids (8!) open their Christmas gifts and my friends convinced me to leave my girls there for dinner. We called my husband and he agreed to meet us at home. One of my friends drove me home and by the time I got in the house 45 min after my water broke I was in transition. I hopped in the birth pool and she was born very soon thereafter. The midwife arrived 15 minutes later.
HaleysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote