Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
newtocloth2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me how you like GMD workhorse fitted

I've tried the brown workhorse at night with a doubler, and it was not absorbent enough. I do have some workhorse diapers for the newbie on the way, but do not plan to use them at night.

Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #12
angela4more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use the XL WH overnight with a large Cloth-eez doubler for both my 3yo Dd and 8mo Ds. The 8mo is in a wool cover (usually Disana, Sbish, or Kissa's) and the 3yo is in a PUL cover (Bummi's, MEAF, or Litewrap) and we haven't had any leaks. Both diapers are soaked by morning, but the covers have held it all in. If you have a super heavy wetter, I would get some trim doublers and a Disana wool cover and you should be fine. HTH!
angela4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #13
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

A workhorse would never work at night for a true heavy wetter. Even stuffed to the max, I'd be surprised. They're really not that absorbent.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #14
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey
A workhorse would never work at night for a true heavy wetter. Even stuffed to the max, I'd be surprised. They're really not that absorbent.
Agree. Love our WHs for day but when we were trying to use them at night it just wasn't enough. The one time we stuffed to the max and covered on wool, we had leaks because of gapping in the legs due to over stuffing and not being able to get a secure fit in the legs. Pee rolled right off the micro-fleece hemp doubler and onto my lap when he woke to nurse.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #15
disneylindsay
Registered Users
seller

My little guy is an avg wetter and he can go 12-13 hours in his brown edged WH with a wool cover or longies! He has been able to do this will all sizes of Wh"s . My daughter on the other hand could wear the same size at 2.5 but could never last overnight in them, she is the ultra crazy wetter, and the only thing that works for us with her is an SBISH OBF with a wool cover! I am totally in love the the GMD work Horse fitteds!! I am totally sad that I have already passed the orange, yellow and red stages of them with our last baby, and I did not know about them until just before he was born!! They are by far my favorite diaper and we use them almost fulltime,,I am sad that I have to sell off my newborn through reds....ah GMD, what a great idea the work horse was!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #16
mamaspice
Registered Users

Ours work for night with a hemp/cotton doubler. Either Thirsties small inserts or GMD doublers.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote