Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-31-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
mommy2babybean
Registered Users
seller

Does this sound like a good start?

Our baby is due in May and I would like to have everything ready so we can diaper from birth. My plan is as follows:

36 GMD unbleached prefolds newborn
12 GMD unbleached prefolds small
4 Thirsties Duo Wrap Covers
2 econobum covers
4 Fuzzibunz perfect size small
4 gDiapers size small with disposable inserts

I plan on doing the flats and covers from birth and then as the baby gets older moving into the fuzzibunz. I got an [I]amazing[I] deal on the fuzzibunz so they were an extra that fit into my budget. The gDiapers are mainly for when our baby goes to their grandparents (who are doing childcare and are completely opposed to cloth diapers).

Is there anything you would change or add? I have only ordered the fuzzibunz and the econobum covers so I still have time to change some of this.

I also have a friend who received brand new Kawaii cloth diapers (uncertain of the type) for a baby shower and refuses to cloth diaper. She said she would give them to me if I wanted for dirt cheap. Anybody know much about Kawaii diapers?

Thanks!

Advertisement

mommy2babybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
mrsmccullen07
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does this sound like a good start?

Is this your first baby ? If not how big do you think the baby would be ? I would personally do 24 orange and 24 smalls because my daughter was out of the orange edge by 3 days old lol she was wide but the smalls were too long.

mrsmccullen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would get more stage 1 or newborn covers - the econobums won't fit well until around 12 lbs, neither will the size small stuff (the prefolds might, depending on size, but I know the fuzzibunz won't, unsure of the g diapers) I would get 2-4 covers.
I would go for the kawaiis if you can get them really cheap. They're not amazing diapers, but decent for the price. It'll be nice in the small stage because you won't have much after the nb diapers are outgrown.
HTH!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
mommy2babybean
Registered Users
seller

Yes, this is our first baby! Expecting baby to be small to average. Both my husband and I were very tiny when born. All this said it could be a large baby too...we just don't know. I will get some more small prefolds just in case cause I know we will use them.

How many more covers do you think we will need?

I know we will be doing mainly prefolds and covers for the first 6-8 weeks. The fuzzibunz and gDiapers are mainly for when I go back to work and baby gets a little bigger and goes to daycare.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
mommy2babybean
Registered Users
seller

Should I splurge on some newborn sized all in ones or pockets? Do you think the fuzzibunz might not fit by 2 months?

How long do the newborn pockets or all in ones fit for typically? It is just so hard to know because we don't know how big the baby will be.

I just know that when I go back to work...I may find my child in disposables more often then not unless something easy is available