Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-31-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
who has a fitted & wool stash?

How many fitteds and wool pieces do you use? What brand do you have? What is the minimum you personally would need to get by?

Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: who has a fitted & wool stash?

I have moved to mostly wool and fitteds and LOVE it. My little mans bum has never been so smooth and rash free! I have a HUGE stash of fitteds that I don't necessarily need and also about 10-12 longies, 4 shorties and 4 soakers. I could definitely use some underwoolies so that I can go all wool all the time. All in all I probably have 30 fitteds and 15 AIOs but don't need nearly that many.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:48 AM   #3
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

We use fitteds and wool about 85/90% of the time. I have some pockets and AIOs to out her in when she dresses up in something that needs a slimmer diaper or a fancy dress like at Christmas. Sometimes DH will out her in pockets but I think he mostly even does fitteds and wool now too.

For wool I have in this size

3 SBish covers
1 hand knit cover
1 recycled wool cover
4 SBish shorties
2 hand knit shorties
3 SBish longies
1 Disana leggings
2 SBish basewoolies
2 recycled wool leggings
3 hand knit longies

For fitteds I have
11 SBish OBF
2 SBish HLC
9 SBish snapless
5 piddle poddles with 1 OTW
2 baby beehinds
1 poppy fields and 1 OTW
And 10 other assorted

I like feel like my stash is moderate. It is way more than the bare minimum but I always end up with 3/4 pieces of wool in my to wash pile and they take a few days to dry. I also like to have a variety of colors and styles depending on what she is wearing. For fitteds I am probably at a perfect amount. They all basically fit in a big drawer and I am able to wash every 3 days without worrying about running out.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:54 AM   #4
disneylindsay
Registered Users
seller

I would need a minimum of 18 diapers for one baby and I would need 3-4 wool pieces preferably a longie and a few soakers.
Included in those 18 diapers would want a couple of overnight diapers like SBISH OBF's that way I would have a couple of days of diapers and a couple of nights of diapers, in between washes!!

I right now have 18 brown edged workhorses and 8 SBISH..so I have more, but I have 2 in diapers, although my older one wears mostly pockets during the day and fitteds and wool at night, where as my baby boy wears fitteds almost 100% with wool, now mind you I have LOTS of wool options, I am just a little bit addicted and I like to have some to wear while I lanolize the others, and let them dry! So I have a few longies, and a random lot of soaker covers. I have quite a few myecobaby, 3 gratefulbuns, a Zippy Zee single layer cover, an ecoposh, 2 Disana(for my older daughter) and some hand knit longies.....I am totally in love with wool, and the fact we don't get rashes ....Totally in LOVE!!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:12 AM   #5
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS has been in all OS fitteds & wool since 6m & he just turned 2 in Nov. We have a lot. DH likes for us to have enough that if needed we could go a week w/o washing (he's scared of washing diapers & wants enough that if something happened where I couldn't wash he wont have to worry about diapers), so we have 60-70 os fitteds for day & 7 night diapers. then we have a TON of wool b/c wool for us is not just a diaper cover it's also clothing as he rarely wears 'regular' pants.

I think minimum I could get by w/ would be
3 night fitteds
18 day fitteds
2 night covers (I like kissaluv wool)
3 day covers (loveybums pullons are a great day cover that fits under regular pants)
Old 12-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
ktgrok
Registered Users
seller

I have a pretty minimal stash. NOt sure exactly how many fitteds I have, but probably about 18, plus some prefolds..I think a dozen? Not more than that. And I have currently 2 loveybums wraps, 1 loveybums pull up cover, 1 kissaluvs soaker, and two pairs of shorties. I have 1 disana cover and 1 loveybums pull up cover on the way. (I wanted another night worthy cover, so the disana, and I like the pull up covers better than the wraps from loveybums. Might sell a wrap now. )

Basically I use the same diapers for night and day (Sandy's and Workhorse), and just add doublers when needed. So at night I put in two doublers usually. For a long car ride one. For at home, none.

Last edited by ktgrok; 12-31-2012 at 09:12 AM.
ktgrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My fourth is in fitteds and wool exclusively. We have 20 fitteds (bububebes) and 8 longies, and I'm always knitting more to add and for the next size up. I also have a couple of wcw soakers on the way so I can get some use out of our "real" clothes.

I also have 24 pf's just in case. I do wash every day and a half or so, but I fear falling behind and running out of diapers.

We're expecting #5! "Quinn" coming July 2014!

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #8
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think you will get varied answers based on how old someone's LO is and how often people wash diapers. You will need more for a newborn and for an EBF baby who still has explosive/blow out EBF poos and less for a baby on solids and even less for a toddler. My DS is 19mo and we use fitteds 95% of the time and are 100% wool. We have 24 daytime fitteds (GMD WHs. sz large), 3 nighttime fitteds (Sloomb OBFs) and 8 pairs of longies, two of which we exclusively use for nights. We also have six BGEs that I like to use for church nursery and outings. I honestly think I could survive on 5-6 longies and 24 fitteds and 3 night worthy fitteds (DS is a heavy wetter). I wash diapers every other day. For baby number two due in June we have 36 newborn GMD WHs and I plan on having at least 8 wool covers/soakers, expecting blow outs. I'm not sure if I need to add a more absorbent fitted to our newborn stash for nights or if that can wait till baby is out of newborn fitteds. I will prolly ask the question on here the closer we get to June. HTH!

Last edited by momma_dna; 12-31-2012 at 10:38 AM.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #9
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a varied, tiny stash for my PLing 2.5 y/o so i was asking more for curiosity purposes, ive never used wool and fitteds full time and saw posts of peoples stashes where they have 40 or more fitteds and wasnt sure if that was typical. I figured the bare minimum for wool is 4 but not exactly sure, it takes forever to dry.