Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #11
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Considering the deduction induction?

Hooray! That is awesome

Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #12
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggle View Post
All this debating and it didn't matter afterall! Samuel Jacob was born yesterday morning at 10:29AM after a very quick labor. Total labor time was less than 5 hours! The nurses and docs can't believe he's my first. I made it to the hospital fully dilated, ready to push and had him a little over 1/2 hour later! We got our tax deduction and a very natural childbirth. I knew it was best to leave things alone and let nature do its thing - but this proves it!
Congrats Sounds like my first birth! I'm always so happy when I hear that others have experienced a relatively fast and easy birth for their first. It is possible!!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #13
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Congratulations! That is great news!
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #14
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:54 AM   #15
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congratulations mama

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:41 PM   #16
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would not have the induction because even if it did get you extra money, you'd probably still feel guilty for forcing eviction on your baby, from the sound of it. If you had a failed induction, that wouldn't help financial matters because you'd have an extra medical bill for a procedure that didn't even work. If your induction led to the cascade of interventions, that would cost more than potential tax return, most likely. Even if everything went flawlessly and you had as close to the birth experience you had dreamed of minus the induction, you may still regret having had it done at all.

My take on it is this: if there are no medical reasons forcing me to birth in a hospital, I will not, even if it makes more financial sense to go ahead and do so. It's worth it to me to have the birth experience I want and choose and if I have to pay a little more for that, then so be it. It's only money. In the end, what good is "saved money" if I have a lasting problem from a birth experience gone wrong; whether it's something as "small" as guilt because of an unwanted procedure or something as large as actual mental anguish over a terrible experience or physical problems caused from anything stemming from the labor that was not at all as I had wanted it to be?

I'm pretty sure the child tax credit is "only" one thousand dollars, but I'm not exceptionally well-versed in taxes either.

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time financially. I hope the new year and new job brings financial stability and security for you! I hope you also have a terrific labor and birth, no matter how you choose to do it!
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:43 PM   #17
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
All this debating and it didn't matter afterall! Samuel Jacob was born yesterday morning at 10:29AM after a very quick labor. Total labor time was less than 5 hours! The nurses and docs can't believe he's my first. I made it to the hospital fully dilated, ready to push and had him a little over 1/2 hour later! We got our tax deduction and a very natural childbirth. I knew it was best to leave things alone and let nature do its thing - but this proves it!

D'oh! That's what I get for not reading whole threads before I reply. I am so glad that everything came together so perfectly and that you had the birth you wanted AND you'll get the extra financial boost in the new year! Congratulations on your new baby!
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #18
asteiner18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yay congrats! I am so happy for you!
Angel wife to the love of my life Brandon and mother to Scarlette 5/07 Ruby 1/09 and with #3 due with another sweet daughter in September <3

Angel Murphy Photography
asteiner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #19
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats on your tax deduction... I mean baby. I'm glad he is healthy, whole, and came in time to celebrate the New Year with his Mom & Dad!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #20
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

congrats!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote