Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 30 Day Shred workout during pregnancy

I bought a really cool pregnancy work out DVD set from Target that had 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and postpartum DVD's! I loved it and used it pretty regularly along with walking.

Ariana Armando
{M.o3'} {E.o5'} {C.o9'} {S.12'} {D.14'}
.o8 .13
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

If you did it before pregnancy then the Dr is usually ok with it until your at risk or the baby is. For me I wouldn't do it. I have placenta previa so the pressure on the stomach is just to much for me and I'd be worried that if I did start to dialate i'd have a few more problems.
6packsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
My Mood:

When I become pregnant I change nothing about my fitness regimen. I don't go up in intensity nor do I lower my level of activity. This pregnancy I ran a half marathon at 10 weeks and had zero problems. I was also doing planks (on my elbows), step up on benches and crunches the day before my son was born. The majority of injuries come from pushing your body too hard too fast.
Cindy wife to B Mommy to C 3/10 S 3/11 K 4/13 due 10/15
cdeweese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:56 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:
If you've been doing it for some time before pregnancy, there is no reason to quit. But if this is something you recently started and then found out you were pregndant, you may want to do something less intense. Pushing your body to do something you're not used to when not pregnant is hard enough. My MW always said to keep doing what I'm doing unless it doesn't feel right (and then to b careful of balance/center of gravity hanges as the belly grows). I've been doing Tae Kwon Do for over a year now, and the workouts are really intense, I'm just about 9 weeks now and have still been going strong. Of course I can't spar now, but I can do no-contact sparring, to keep the moves/memory muscles/speed of it. Keep active mama, it helps keep your endurance up for labor, and makes it easier.

Also, you can still do crunches etc until it is uncomfortable, then maybe change to planking (holding yourself in a pushing position on your elbows, you can even get on your knees like a girlie push up). And if belly gets too big or that's uncomfortable/impossible, then do extra squats.
*Rosie* trying to be a crunchy mom to Logan Alexander 3/28/08, Axton Blake 4/4/11, & Bronn Everett 1/10/14
divergirldee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:27 PM   #15
Registered Users
Thanks for all the suggestions ladies!
Never mind the typos. My "smart" phone is a high school drop out..
TryingHard is offline   Reply With Quote