Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96

Yeah, that. I have found it easier to find the HB at 8/9 weeks than at 10/11/12 weeks, since even though the baby is bigger at that later gestation, so is the space where it could be, so you could be "following" it all around your uterus and just missing it as it stays just ahead (or behind) of the sound waves.
Add me to the list of "yeah, that". I had a really hard time finding the hb during those weeks.

Happy New Year!

Advertisement

RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #12
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

I agree with everyone. It's so hard from 10 weeks until movement starts.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #13
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Deanna - I agree with the others re: the doppler. It's hard to do but I'd just put it away for a few days or else it'd drive me crazy. I didn't get mine til 16w and even then there would be times I couldn't find the HB.

Yay for all these milestones we're reaching or coming up on!

AFM: Bought my pfs over the weekend and prepped them today. I've been having contractions off and on all day even though I've mostly been sitting and drinking my water. Nothing regular or painful, just the lower crampy stuff. Trying to remember if that's how my PTL started with my other kids but I can't recall. I have another MFM appt tomorrow so I'll mention it then.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #14
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Jan 1-15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
I am really struggling the past couple days & I HATE IT!!!
I agree with the other mamas - baby is bigger than a couple weeks ago, but so is your uterus, so he's got more room to hide and run away.
It can take a good while to find the hb even at this point, which is why most Drs don't try until after 12 weeks.
for better luck in a few days. I want to say I would put away the doppler for a couple days and try again - maybe wait until 12 weeks - but likely I would try tomorrow and if I couldn't find it, would call and get things checked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Happy New Year, ladies! Hoping 2013 brings us all of our sweet, rainbow squishies!
Happy New Year! And AMEN to that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
I'm 30 weeks today. Really. How on Earth did that happen? Like, in a month I'll be on official baby watch (both of my kids were basically 40 weekers, but I was born at 35, so I always get prepared then just in case). I'm more or less ready...no big items to buy, diapers are prepped, clothes are washed. Holy cow, it's almost real now. Pleasepleasepleaseplease....
That's like... a month away for me. WHOA! I can't believe I'm here, with this Hiccup in there, kicking and bouncing away. Just... wow.

We don't need to buy much at all - a car seat is really the only need, then we'll grab some pacis, and I may grab a stretchy wrap... but I may just not bother and use my sling and wombfruit wrap I have now.
I definitely can't get anything out or start washing things until after we get the bedrooms/kids shuffled around (we're going to make a room downstairs for DD and move Levi to her room, he's still in our room now) - there's no room until then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleyDeann View Post
I keep telling myself not to borrow trouble but I've swore today that I felt cramping etc.
Cramping, with no other symptoms (like spotting), isn't a bad sign. There's a LOT going on in there - lots of growing and stretching - and we're bound to feel those effects at some point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
I've been having contractions off and on all day even though I've mostly been sitting and drinking my water. Nothing regular or painful, just the lower crampy stuff. Trying to remember if that's how my PTL started with my other kids but I can't recall. I have another MFM appt tomorrow so I'll mention it then.
Braxton hicks, maybe? I know most people say they're not painful or anything, and not regular, but I normally get them starting early (this time I started with them at 15 weeks, though not too often) and around 25-30 weeks they will come in waves, timeable even, for an hour or 2, then stop. Mine have always been very uncomfortable or even painful.
For me, I know it's "real" contractions when labor starts because I've always had back labor and I feel my BH all in front.

Definitely do mention it. Take it easy (even easier, lol!) and drink lots of water. it's nothing but BH.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #15
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleyDeann

Awwww!!! Yay! 30 weeks!! I'm jealous lol... I'm only 12 weeks and already cannot wait to wash clothes and diapers just to have them waiting for baby Soooo excited for you!!!!!! Do you know what you're having?! We aren't finding out this time so that makes the next 28 weeks really seem like an eternity

Deanna- Ugh I know how you feel. I felt better yesterday when I saw baby on ultrasound but literally woke up this morning with doubt and more worry. Just terrified that I am going to lose baby after seeing him/her making it that much harder :'( I keep telling myself not to borrow trouble but I've swore today that I felt cramping etc. Such a roller coaster I will pray for you. I know how hard getting through each day with peace of mind is right now.
I'm having our third girl We almost went team green, but couldn't stick with it!

Sorry that you're so worried, too. I think we're all there. Even at this point, I get nervous. Baby was napping yesterday and I poked her until she woke up because the quiet made me worry.
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #16
NutMeg4189
Registered Users

My Mood:

Can I be added to the list? We are expecting our 2nd Rainbow Baby 3/2/13 !

It's been a crazy ride and I am so so so happy to almost be at 32 weeks
NutMeg4189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 AM   #17
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg4189

Congrats!!!
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:51 AM   #18
momto2princesses
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg4189 View Post

Congrats!

Deanna--can you call your ob for a quick ultrasound if you still can't find the hb? Didn't you say they told you to come in whenever you needed reassurance? I'm sure everything is fine, but if it would put your mind at ease it might be worth it? I think we are all justified in being overly anxious about our pregnancies.

I have an appointment in 2 hours and an really nervous. This is when we found out with our first loss. Of course, I actually feel pregnant this time. But I'm also on progesterone and I don't know how much of my symptoms could be from that. I'll update you all when I get back.
Kirra, mom to my three crazy girls, Maebelle (12/22/07) and Adelaide (2/26/10-my HBAC baby!) and Etta (8/7/13) and expecting little squish #4 (sometime in 4/16)
momto2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #19
momto2princesses
Registered Users

My appointment was perfect! Baby measures 8 weeks 6 days with a hr of 173. Even wiggled around a bit! :-)
Kirra, mom to my three crazy girls, Maebelle (12/22/07) and Adelaide (2/26/10-my HBAC baby!) and Etta (8/7/13) and expecting little squish #4 (sometime in 4/16)
momto2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #20
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
I think we're all there. Even at this point, I get nervous. Baby was napping yesterday and I poked her until she woke up because the quiet made me worry.
Yup. I absolutely hated Hiccup's "schedule" - he's very active for 4-5 days, then will have a very quiet day or 2, then back to active - rinse and repeat. It really upset me earlier on, because on the quiet days I felt absolutely nothing at all. Very worrisome after days and days of squirminess.
But he still continues the same pattern now, though he's big enough that I still feel some movement on the quiet days - just... well, quieter, more gentle movements, than the active days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg4189 View Post
Congrats on your new rainbow! Welcome, although I'm sorry you belong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2princesses View Post
Deanna--can you call your ob for a quick ultrasound if you still can't find the hb? Didn't you say they told you to come in whenever you needed reassurance? I'm sure everything is fine, but if it would put your mind at ease it might be worth it? I think we are all justified in being overly anxious about our pregnancies.
Totally agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2princesses View Post
My appointment was perfect! Baby measures 8 weeks 6 days with a hr of 173. Even wiggled around a bit! :-)
Wonderful!!!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote