Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #21
jessicacarol
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaQ
Im picking up my bountiful basket tomorrow actually. i have a juicer but honestly dont know what to do with it! can anyone tell me what specific recipes they drink daily? and recipes for the green drinks too. im totally new to this
Join the reboot - google it, they have recipes, FAQs, info.

Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #22
kcanstef
Registered Users

Re: Fat, sick, and nearly dead

Yup forks over knives person here to my husband did the juicin like u r gonna I don't because of being preg but for us plant based diet more realistic life Long eatting
kcanstef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #23
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
So glad I found this thread! My dh and I rang in the new year actually watching fat sick and nearly dead, and around 1 am decided to start the new year juicing. Picked up a juicer the next day and he's started. I'm doing some but a) he travels and takes the juicer with him and b) still breastfeeding so I worry/wonder about that aspect. I'll definitely look up those guys on Facebook. I've found a few websites about juicing, any others you all recommend? We made the mean green with a little more apple and less green, and the girls liked it, so we're hoping to get the girls to drink some of their veggies now too.

Looking for any tips for newbies here.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #24
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
So glad I found this thread! My dh and I rang in the new year actually watching fat sick and nearly dead, and around 1 am decided to start the new year juicing. Picked up a juicer the next day and he's started. I'm doing some but a) he travels and takes the juicer with him and b) still breastfeeding so I worry/wonder about that aspect. I'll definitely look up those guys on Facebook. I've found a few websites about juicing, any others you all recommend? We made the mean green with a little more apple and less green, and the girls liked it, so we're hoping to get the girls to drink some of their veggies now too.

Looking for any tips for newbies here.
Just sub anything you don't like is the best tip i can give you. We hate beets so we usually just leave them out but you can cub them with any red veggie you want. We also had some that we didn't think we could tolerate as a juice so we just ate the ingredients raw rather than juicing.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #25
soon2b4ofmyown
Registered Users
seller

Is this on Netflix or did you rent it. We don't have cable so just curious. Thanks
soon2b4ofmyown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #26
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2b4ofmyown
Is this on Netflix or did you rent it. We don't have cable so just curious. Thanks
Netflix
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #27
nzmum
Registered Users

My Mood:

DH & I watched it yesterday & found it so motivating that we want to give it a go. We already juice carrots & celery for breakfast & the last 2 days we have juiced for lunch as DH is on holiday this week.

I want to do the apple/pear & ginger one for b'fast & then the green one for lunch & dinner. I am going to add carrots & try to use more of the cheaper green veg. I did a rough cost & it was about $27 a day for DH & me so will try & get it down.

DH wants to try it for 5 days & then will carry on, I am hoping to do at least 15 days.

I need to plan quick good meals for the 3 boys & not mindlessly pick at their food, that will be hard.

Would love to hear how others are going & what they are juicing
nzmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #28
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy View Post
I've really found over the last few months how important food is and isn't. When I got over the two week hump chains fell off. I found dairy kills my stomach and gluten puts my immune system into overdrive.
I used to think of my day in regards to meals. Now I have to remind myself to eat. It's quite liberating.
That's awesome!! I'm getting there, but not quite to that point yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
I was just bored looking at the most recent postings-- came across this one. Thanks. I watched this today and I'm def inspired! I just gave up coffee last week, and have opted for green tea and RRL tea. We don't juice anymore- we use our blender so we get all the fiber too. ( I NEED that) So starting tomorrow I am commiting myself to this for 10 days. If all goes well I will do the full month. Then 60 days. I am going to start working out at home too. I really need to drop 70 lbs but am shooting for 90 as my ultimate goal. WML!
Wow! 60 days?! How is it going for you now?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by memaof6and1 View Post
We did the Juice Feast for 3 months. It was hard but well worth it.
You did 3 months?!!? My longest fast is 10 days - You're amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Day 5 and I'm down 8lbs, feeling good, started working out a few times so far.
:handclap:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzmum View Post
DH & I watched it yesterday & found it so motivating that we want to give it a go. We already juice carrots & celery for breakfast & the last 2 days we have juiced for lunch as DH is on holiday this week.

I want to do the apple/pear & ginger one for b'fast & then the green one for lunch & dinner. I am going to add carrots & try to use more of the cheaper green veg. I did a rough cost & it was about $27 a day for DH & me so will try & get it down.

DH wants to try it for 5 days & then will carry on, I am hoping to do at least 15 days.

I need to plan quick good meals for the 3 boys & not mindlessly pick at their food, that will be hard.

Would love to hear how others are going & what they are juicing
Best of luck!!!

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #29
CarrieMeredith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I juice twice a day. I get about 16 oz of juice each time. To keep costs down I have cut down on the ingredients. My recipe is:
handful organic kale leaves
1/2 cucumber OR 1/2 large zucchini
1 large carrot
2 small or 1 large apple
1/2 lemon
1 stalk celery

Here is my shopping list for 5 days worth of juicing:
Eveything is bought at Wal-Mart.
1 pound bagged organic kale leaves ($2.78)
10 large carrots ($.50 per pound)
2 3 lb bags of small green apples ($3.37 each)
1 bunch of organic celery ($2)
5 large cucumbers ($.68 each)
5 small lemons ($1)

So, that's roughly $18 for me to juice twice per day for 5 days.

My meal schedule is as follows:
9am - juice
12noon - juice
3pm - medium snack (veggie, protein, fat)
6pm - sensible dinner

Last edited by CarrieMeredith; 02-08-2013 at 10:56 AM.
CarrieMeredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #30
nzmum
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for the recipe. I never thought of replacing cucumber with zucchini. Cucumbers are about $3 & it says to have 4 a day eeek.

Our food prices are high & we normally spend about $600+ a fortnight. I have been trying to get it down. This is for a family of 5.

It is going to cost about $135 for 5 days for DH & me but if we lose weight & feel healthy & can drop meds its got to be worth it.

I don't know if I have serving sizes right. I am thinking a cup 3x a day so about 250mls a meal.

Last edited by nzmum; 02-08-2013 at 11:35 AM.
nzmum is offline   Reply With Quote