Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
So my daycare lady is on vacation the next two weeks. I've had 3 different people lined up for weeks to full the gap.

Last night at 8:15 my sitter for today texted me to say she didn't feel like watching kids. She was the least responsible of the group so I wasn't surprised at her.

I frantically called a few friends and found someone to cover today. My sitter for tomorrow called to say she has the flu.

I've called at least 5 of my "friends" from mom group (we watch each others kids when needed) and they're all busy.

Talked to my sil and she has too much to do.

Ugh...why is this so tough!!!!

Advertisement

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Last edited by Holly dolly; 01-02-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly dolly
So my daycare lady is on vacation the next two weeks. I've had 3 different people lined up for weeks to full the gap.

Last night at 8:15 my sitter for today texted me to say she didn't feel like watching kids. She was the least responsible of the group so I wasn't surprised at her.

I frantically called a few friends and found someone to cover today. My sitter for tomorrow called to say she has the flu.

I've called at least 5 of my "friends" from mom group (we watch each others kids when needed) and they're all busy.

Talked to my sil and she has too much to do.

Ugh...why is this so tough!!!!
:-(

I feel your pain, mama. Was the one who canceled bc she "didn't feel like it" someone with kids of their own? I've noticed that its my single/childless sitters who are more likely to just "forget" or suddenly be unavailable.

That really stinks that she left you in the lurch like that. :-(
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
She is pg with her first. She's 22 and not very responsible. Like I said...she didn't surprise me.

I found a gal from church to watch them. I hate leaving my kids with random people (not that she's random...she's watched them before) but they're being bounced around and out of routine.

I NEVER flake on people like that...maybe that's why I'm always the one people call.

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Babysitter rant...

Ugh!!!!!
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #5
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

That's frustrating! I'm also trying to find sitters for my DD while my parents are out of town. It's hard
Old 01-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Re: Babysitter rant...

sorry to hear this....but now you can really appreciate your regular sitter even more. I am sure she will appreciate that. just like you appreciate her being reliable. i have a fantastic daycare assistant that works at my home daycare and she is also my date night sitter. I dont know what I will do when she graduates college! If she moves, I might pass out!! its so hard to find reliable quality people who know how to care for kids appropriately
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:41 AM   #7
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah
sorry to hear this....but now you can really appreciate your regular sitter even more. I am sure she will appreciate that. just like you appreciate her being reliable. i have a fantastic daycare assistant that works at my home daycare and she is also my date night sitter. I dont know what I will do when she graduates college! If she moves, I might pass out!! its so hard to find reliable quality people who know how to care for kids appropriately
I SOOOOO appreciate her!!! She always takes vacation this time of year and I ALWAYS struggle to find good sitters.