Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #11
philenabean
Registered Users

Re: Talk to me about softbums :)

I have two Echo shells, Bamboo pods, and bamboo mini pods. I like the cover, but use it as a backup. I don't think the large bamboo pods are absorbent at all. I do like the mini pods as doublers. My GMD yellow edge are much more absorbent than the large pods, so I just trifold them into the covers. The cover's fit is awesome, but I prefer simple pul covers.

Advertisement

Last edited by philenabean; 01-02-2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: add an apostrophe
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #12
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
I also agree with color coding the shells for different sized babies.

The echo is an inch narrower than the omni in the crotch and does not have a pocket. Both have the snap where you can snap in the various pods or you can use with prefolds/flats/trim fitteds. We prefer Echos for daytime and omnis for nighttime. My favorite pod are the one size bamboo pods. I prefer the one size (contoured back long pods) for babies since you will never get a "nubby" fold. (And have extra absorbency where you need it most. They are one of the only brands I have found that really fit a newborn and a toddler. And every month they come out with a limited edition color or print to give a variety on the choices.

I usually get 3-4 uses out of a shell before tossing in the pail (I alternate between a few shells) and when he was a newborn it was about 2 uses (since he pooped so often)

Last edited by m&m&m; 01-02-2013 at 11:50 PM.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #13
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
The pods come in 3 sizes: mini, large, and one size and are available in Drytouch (fleece topped microfiber) or bamboo.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #14
Mandan914
Registered Users
seller

Re: Talk to me about softbums :)

IME they are the best diapering solution for families with 2 in diapers, because they are so versitale. You can use pretty much anything to stuff in them or use their pods.

We really love the OS Bamboo pods they look big but they are super trim and absorb a ton!
You can use prefold or flats or fitteds inside with a newborn, we just used one mini pod with DS2 because we changed him every 2 hours and that was equal with how much he peed.. Around 2 months we started using two mini pods or one large pod.. DS2 is now almost 9 months and we still only use a large pod every 3-4 hours.. and OS bamboo overnight..
Echos fit amazing from birth.. both are good in a stash..

newborns, infants, toddler, nights during pting
www.softbums.com
Mandan914 is offline   Reply With Quote