Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #11
shoebert
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need help with my softbums...

Just curious, when do the poos become less frequent? :-) I'm a FTM and my nb poos at every diaper change (and more!) I look forward to the day when that doesn't happen anymore!

Advertisement

shoebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #12
Mandan914
Registered Users
seller

We used them when DS2 was a newborn, he wasnt much of an explosive ebf pooer but we also used fleece liners over our pods to help contain the mess during that phase.. I have also heard ppl using half a Floursacktowel (FST) or a flat to avoid the mess.. but I think for most moms that phase only lasts a couple months and then you are able to reuse the shells more often.
HTH :/

newborns, infants, toddler, nights during pting
www.softbums.com
Mandan914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
Mandan914
Registered Users
seller

I think its just the first month or into the 2nd month untill the digestive system is more mature and is able to form poops less often.

newborns, infants, toddler, nights during pting
www.softbums.com
Mandan914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #14
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishmermaid View Post
Well, that's how they market it. They even had a newborn package with 20 or 24 mini pods and just a few covers. This is baby number three for me, so I'm not surprised by it, but was hoping to hear from someone that had ideas or tricks that worked for them. My baby is just about 10 lbs, so he's in that weird in between phase where the NB diapers are getting small on him, but the BGs I have - 4.0 and elementals - are still pretty bulky. I'm just not a prefold girl, so I guess we'll be in the BGEs until he starts pooing less frequently. Thanks anyway!
That package was a "booster" package and was designed to go with a full set. For newborns and an.AI2 style of diapering you really need 10-12 shells realistically for min laundry every other day)

During the newborn stage we got about 2 uses out of the shells, once he stopped having the newborn explosive poo, I get 3-4 uses. I also wash the shells when pooped (usually regardless if poo got on the shell or not)

Last edited by m&m&m; 01-03-2013 at 03:09 PM.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #15
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebert View Post
Just curious, when do the poos become less frequent? :-) I'm a FTM and my nb poos at every diaper change (and more!) I look forward to the day when that doesn't happen anymore!
For us, the "newborn" frequent explosive popping stage ended at about 6 weeks but it varies on the child.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #16
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishmermaid
Well, that's how they market it. They even had a newborn package with 20 or 24 mini pods and just a few covers. !
The softbums "newborn" package, (when i got mine over a year ago) was advertised as a booster pack, to go with your "good to go"pack, so they way they are/were marketing it, you get 12 covers, 24 newborn diapers, and 24 one size diapers.

Anyways, I used softbums exclusively on my newborn, and although he didn't have the explosive poop I always heard about, I found pre folds to contain the mess and keep it off of the covers, you definitely won't be able to rely on the mini pod for full coverage though.
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote