Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
Trynitey
Registered Users
seller

USPS not updating

One of my buyers packages were expected for delivery on the 23rd. I know it's only expected so that isn't the problem. It seems that there is no updates after the 22nd. It left a Tampa sort facility on the 22nd and there are no updates 3 days later. Is it stuck? Anyone dealt with this before? How do I go about finding out what is going on if they suck about updating to begin with?

Advertisement

Need Extra Money? Swagbucks or Persona Paper
Trynitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
dannic
Registered Users

Re: USPS not updating

When I order from certain online stores, I'll get the arrived, departed, and processed at the original facility and then nothing until arrival at my usps...then all the missing info fills in? It's annoying, because I like play by play mailer action, lol, but everything has made it. Could it be like that?
Old 08-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
Trynitey
Registered Users
seller

I know that they do an awful job with updating (what is the point then right?). I just don't want an angry buyer b/c it's still floating around out there.
Need Extra Money? Swagbucks or Persona Paper
Trynitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
srw.mutter
Registered Users
seller
seller

when you get a dc# it is not a tracking number, it is just what it says, a confirmation of delivery. Different POs and facilities go about scanning differently, so some packages you can have a step by step of where the package is, and for some, you just have a "received" and a "delivered" with nothing in between. That said, the PO can be really slow sometimes. I wouldn't worry for at least a week, then I would start making some calls, although they might not be able to tell you more than what you see on the tracking page.
And I think the buyer should be more than understanding; you did your duty of sending the package in a timely manner. If it is not received at all, then hopefully you got insurance or you can work something out.
Hope it gets there soon!

Last edited by srw.mutter; 08-25-2012 at 12:30 PM.
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Usps only updates or manditory to when delivered unless sent a certain way. My post master said any updates between accepted & delivery are voluntary. During holidays allow for more time to get there as lots of packages are being sent.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
USPS just plain sucks sometimes. I had a diaper come two days ago that just said 'electronic shipping accepted' and nothing else not even delivered. Only time I've had this issue but it does happen.
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by srw.mutter View Post
when you get a dc# it is not a tracking number, it is just what it says, a confirmation of delivery. Different POs and facilities go about scanning differently, so some packages you can have a step by step of where the package is, and for some, you just have a "received" and a "delivered" with nothing in between. That said, the PO can be really slow sometimes. I wouldn't worry for at least a week, then I would start making some calls, although they might not be able to tell you more than what you see on the tracking page.
And I think the buyer should be more than understanding; you did your duty of sending the package in a timely manner. If it is not received at all, then hopefully you got insurance or you can work something out.
Hope it gets there soon!
Well said
Old 01-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #8
itiswhatitis1984
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trynitey
I know that they do an awful job with updating (what is the point then right?). I just don't want an angry buyer b/c it's still floating around out there.
I agree with their updating! I find as a general rule they run 8-9 hours behind before it hits their tracking page. It's not that they didn't scan it its just a delay till its posted via the web.
itiswhatitis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote