Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #11
cuddlebunny_24
Registered Users

Re: I am a cloth diaper snob. . .

In the short amount of time I have been cloth diapering I believe I have become a bit of a snob about it. I snapped because someone at daycare put my son in a disposable diaper when he is supposed to be in cloth. It was a misunderstanding and a mistake but I completely flipped out because of it. I will not even put a disposable on him for road trips. We went to a family reunion last weekend and a family member commented on how I am letting him control me by cloth diapering him. She was like he is not even 2 and already is running your life by making you cloth diaper. But if you think about it he has to be diapered one way or another, I would rather it be cloth than disposables. It is better for his sensitive skin and the environment, not to mention my wallet.

Advertisement

cuddlebunny_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #12
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
We have to use overnight sposies at night, but man, I tried EVERYTHING cloth before I finally gave in. I hate them, they always smell SO gross the next morning! I don't remember being phased by the smell when I soldier diapered my oldest, but 2 youngest were all cloth diapered mostly and I can't stand the smell of disposables now!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #13
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

EVERY time I buy sposies, I dream about what I could have spent that $14 on. (we keep Honest on hand) Ugh.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #14
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We always have sposies around but I hate hate HATE using them! Whenever we have to buy them I always have to comment to dh how awesome cloth is and how sad I would be with just sposies by price alone. Dh wanted to sposie over the holidays for a day and a half stay with my parents! I said no and carted a whole bag of pockets and a hanging wet bag instead Lol.
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #15
chickapin
Registered Users
seller

I used a couple sposies in September when we went to Disney and they were gross. I am a cloth snob too!
chickapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #16
kelly679
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Glad i'm not the only one!!! I hate buying a box of trash! If we used sposies for just the babies for 2 weeks it would be $65 in the trash, bleh.
kelly679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #17
organicmama10
Registered Users
seller
seller

Me, me, me!! We've been cding since day 1 on ds and dd. DD has never had sposies on but she's only 6 weeks old. It kills me to say this but we HAD to use sposies on ds overnight. Ugh!!! Tried everything and nothing works at the moment but I'm not giving up.....not yet. The search continues.....until then it's $10 down the drain every month. sigh
organicmama10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #18
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We too have to use sposies at night for this ds (my ds Bastian did cloth at night for 3 years!) after trying EVERYTHING. I HATE them!! They stink, and my ds has icky damp skin every morning. blech! The worst part is running out and having to go off to the store to by more! I love being able to just wash diapers and have more!! I actually got to the point where I was just tired and angry and frustrated with things not working right with my ds Jace that I gave up and bought a pack of sposies for day use. It didnt take long to get back the cloth love!! I havent finished the pack but we are moving so they might come in handy then.
I used to have this bumper sticker that I loved "If Your Diapers Aren't Cloth, Their Trash" Love it!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #19
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, I'm kind of a cloth snob too. I used cloth on both of my month long trips this year (One to see my grandma I hadn't seen in ages and the other to Carlsbad with my hubby for a business trip). My dd hasn't worn a sposie since I had enough cloth actually go all day without washing at about 6 weeks old.
Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #20
buko
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlebunny_24 View Post
We went to a family reunion last weekend and a family member commented on how I am letting him control me by cloth diapering him. She was like he is not even 2 and already is running your life by making you cloth diaper.
buko is offline   Reply With Quote