Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #11
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Parents who selective/delay vax: a vent

I'm sorry that this happened. I'm pro-vax for the most part but I'm skipping chicken pox for now and we by accident got to separate doing mmr at the same time as another shot. I wouldn't expect your doctor to be up on the latest non-mainstream information about vaccinations. Many of the studies haven't been accepted by mainstream medicine and many other studies are still in progress. Your doctor is going to know about mostly the pros of vaccinating because that is what they are taught and usually support. She should have known not to give mmr and chickenpox so close together if that is what is recommended by the vaccination companies or by the health board. I suggest you do your research yourself and feel very confident with your knowledge and thus make your decisions based on that. It's important that you can trust and discuss things with your doctor but if there is something you're not sure about or you think she isn't up to date on then tell her you want to think about it/discuss it with your partner/etc and will call and make an appointment if you decide to do the shot. I think it's hard to find a doctor who totally supports non or delayed vaccinating and if you like everything else about her then I'd let it go. And don't worry about what's been done. You can't change it and it most likely will be fine so focus on the future.

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #12
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Parents who selective/delay vax: a vent