Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #31
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How big was your newborn stash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbailey89 View Post
More than enough.

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #32
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbailey89 View Post
More than enough.
Are you destashing anytime soon
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #33
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My stash i had for DD before she was born was.
4 thirsties xs aios
1 lil joey
2 bg xs
1 newborn wahm aio
6 grovia nb AIOs
2 hh mini os
1 blueberry deluxe mini
15 newborn prefolds
1 thirsties fab fitted size 1
3 thirsites fab fitted xs
2 kl0
1 thisties wrap size 1
1 thisties wrap xs

So what's that? 38 total. I did very well with this size, also I started to notice what worked and what didn't. Loved the thirsties aios, fitteds and covers, hh minis, blueberry deluxe mini, lil joey, and kl0s. I hated bg xs, and grovia nb aios. Prefolds were also very easy and helped up my stash. After finding out what worked I ended up selling a bunch and ended up with more lil joeys, hh minis and thirsties xs aios, they were my favs over all. I also tried some nb gms and love those as well.

For this baby I have lil joeys, xs fuzzibunz, nb swaddlebees, nb gms, and some made by me fitteds, as well as thirsties wraps size 1, a total of 58 changes I think, went way over board. Lol
Old 01-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #34
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For my last newborn, I used 2 dozen prefolds, 1 dozen fitteds, and 8 covers. It was plenty for washing every 2 days.

For this next newborn, I plan on using the same 2 dozen prefolds, 1 dozen AIOs, and covers. I also have flats as backup if I need them.

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #35
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

36 seems to be the magic number for us to wash every other day and not feel like we are using the last diaper while the clean ones are drying.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #36
March
Registered Users
seller

I plan to have 50-60 for twins, all AIOs and pockets. Our registry is mostly diapers!
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #37
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

Holy Cow! I am so glad this thread wasn't around when I was preparing for DD or I would have gone crazy stashing diapers for her! We've got 24 in our diaper rental (6 Lil Joeys, 6 TB Tini Fits, and 12 NB Simplex). It has been plenty for us. I still have a 2yo in cloth as well, so I am washing every other day. 24 has been just the right number for us. I haven't had to wash early or worry about them getting dry before I run out of clean diapers. I have been lucky that she will go 4-5 hours between feeds at least once or twice a day so we aren't changing 12 a day like some- and there is no way I am waking a happy wet baby to change her.
I do have 12 pf's and 3 covers as well. Not that I needed more diapers, but I'd never used pf's and wanted to give it a try. I could count on one hand the number of times I have pulled one out to try- just not for me, especially with plenty of AIO's on hand. I will probably give the pf's a try in my pockets after we outgrow our NB AIO's.
AmandaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #38
mammato2
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaA
Holy Cow! I am so glad this thread wasn't around when I was preparing for DD or I would have gone crazy stashing diapers for her! We've got 24 in our diaper rental (6 Lil Joeys, 6 TB Tini Fits, and 12 NB Simplex). It has been plenty for us. I still have a 2yo in cloth as well, so I am washing every other day. 24 has been just the right number for us. I haven't had to wash early or worry about them getting dry before I run out of clean diapers. I have been lucky that she will go 4-5 hours between feeds at least once or twice a day so we aren't changing 12 a day like some- and there is no way I am waking a happy wet baby to change her.
I do have 12 pf's and 3 covers as well. Not that I needed more diapers, but I'd never used pf's and wanted to give it a try. I could count on one hand the number of times I have pulled one out to try- just not for me, especially with plenty of AIO's on hand. I will probably give the pf's a try in my pockets after we outgrow our NB AIO's.
I agree, my number of diapers (around 40) id a bit excessive, but I've got 2 in diapers, and am a lazy washer lol, it takes me a good 7hours to get through my wash/ dry cycle because i forget or dong have time to go restart/ switch over wash, and i have too much clothing/linens laundry to do diaper wash more than every third day.

Like me on facebook for a free discount code to the Etsy site!
mammato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #39
SewGreenBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: Naturally Pampered
seller
seller

My Mood:
I didn't start with ds until 5 mos. so i'm super stoked to cd a newb! Here is my plan for the babe due in July:

2 dozen preemie pre-folds, will use as doublers after the first few days/week
1 dozen nb pre-folds
2 dozen made my me super squishy luxurious fitteds
6 teeny tiny made by me covers to fit the first week
6 made by me nb covers
1 dozen nb aios for out and about

Yikes! That's 72 diaper changes to last the first 4-6 weeks. I may cut down my fitteds to a dozen. I've already got a dozen random pattern fitteds that I've made over the past year, but none of them have inserts! So if I count those, then it's 3 dozen. But really, the 2 dozen preemies shouldn't count, right?! They won't last long so I don't think they should count.
I also plan to have the majority of my small stash ready to go before babe gets here so I'm not scrambling for diapers!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
SewGreenBaby is offline   Reply With Quote