Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #11
toys2teach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pictures needed of your play area! (simple, Waldorf, or Montessori)

Our playroom has changed several times over the past few years. Here are a couple of pictures.

there are some more in this link also - the newest look is the less cluttered more minimal play area. It has been really hard for me to cut back on the wooden toys since I make them, but I have come a long way I think! I still have a lot, but only a few come out at a time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/made4munchkins/sets/72157632429104004/

This is the most recent.....

Advertisement

Last edited by toys2teach; 01-03-2013 at 05:51 PM.
toys2teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #12
k_apple
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmoni247
All of our kids things are integrated in the house instead of having a specific area. Our main area/living room is basically a big playroom, but since their toys are simple, we don't mind having them be our main decor/furniture. I'm sure we have too much, but I'm OK with that for now. Homeschooling without book/paper learning takes more room and stuff, and that is definitely a sacrifice I'm willing to make, so I'll deal with it.

Here's one side of the room:

Close up:

The shelves on the left: top: puppets/fingerpuppets middle: fort materials/playsilks bottom: dress up
The shelves in the middle: top: instruments bottom: train tracks
The shelves on the right: top: anatomy puzzle {pieces kept in that hersheys tin} middle: playscape materials bottom: blocks
On top of the whole thing: nature table, green book holds pressed leaves and on top of that is our seasonal books

Opposite side of room:

Close ups:

all of their books and the jar holds stamps and chalk {top of table is chalkboard paint}

homeschool geography/history/culture area

Other areas in the house:

The main school area: they have an abacus hanging on the side, and then one math manipulative and one reading manipulate on the shelves. In the drawer, they have reader books and writing practice, but they will rotate into science experiments next. {the basket and pile of clothes are gone now}

next to the stove
Thanks! I love the chalkboard table top! I have a coffee table that we have been contemplating making changes to, maybe chalkboard! And I think it's a great idea to store items on the shelf in unique containers. I always keep my eyes open but never come across such unique items. Thank you for your inspirational photos!
k_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #13
k_apple
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by toys2teach
Our playroom has changed several times over the past few years. Here are a couple of pictures.

there are some more in this link also - the newest look is the less cluttered more minimal play area. It has been really hard for me to cut back on the wooden toys since I make them, but I have come a long way I think! I still have a lot, but only a few come out at a time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/made4munchkins/sets/72157632429104004/

This is the most recent.....
Thank you for your photos! You did simplify quite a bit, it looks nice. I love the play silks in the window. Does the light shine through and make the room seem more colorful?
k_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #14
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunflowerMommy View Post
Our play area is in the dining room area that connects to our living room. We try to keep it as neat and tidy as possible for my sanity. This has just been cleaned up by the kids and I think they did a darn good job! Please ignore the mess of the carpets though. I don't vacuum until the daycare kids go home at the end of the day. We're also missing a playstand arch as it's in the garage being repaired.

This is about as minimal as we've been able to get with 5 kids in the house. It can be tidied up fairly quickly though and everything has a place to go. The boys have some extra toys up in their room like legos and hotwheels but the majority of the toys are kept here.
Where did you get that kitchen and doll bed??
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #15
SunflowerMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aithyne View Post
Where did you get that kitchen and doll bed??
The kitchen came from Nova Natural and the doll bed belonged to my mil when she was a little girl.